Porsche 911 Carrera T

The place to discuss everything else..
User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 16892
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:14 pm

FirstSeaLord wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:06 pm
My preferred spec

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPWNT5Y0
Very nice. I just think that grey is a bit ‘safe’ for my taste, but horses for courses! ;) At least you have yellow stitching and calipers! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

FirstSeaLord
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:45 am

Post by FirstSeaLord » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:21 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:14 pm
FirstSeaLord wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:06 pm
My preferred spec

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPWNT5Y0
Very nice. I just think that grey is a bit ‘safe’ for my taste, but horses for courses! ;) At least you have yellow stitching and calipers! :)
Yep - it was specced with no yellow at all, until I realised it was boring rather than understated!

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 16892
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:32 pm

...now understated and elegant. A sophisticated GT3. 🧐
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

Tracky
Posts: 2540
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Tracky » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:57 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:32 pm
...now understated and elegant. A sophisticated GT3. 🧐
Wait until you see the new GT3RS in all its, umm, glory with the full on halfords (yet functional) wing !
Current

2019 992 S with £20k of options (his)
2019 Macan S with £18k options (Her)
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6 (his)
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S (her)

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 16892
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:52 pm

Tracky wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:57 pm
Wing Commander wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:32 pm
...now understated and elegant. A sophisticated GT3. 🧐
Wait until you see the new GT3RS in all its, umm, glory with the full on halfords (yet functional) wing !

I’ve seen a photo with a MASSIVE rear wing!! Looks like it was designed by a 5 year old. :shock:

1EFAB64D-7AA2-48DF-9C79-437771F08232.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

Tracky
Posts: 2540
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Tracky » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:24 pm

A 5 year old with a serious engineering degree I hope
Current

2019 992 S with £20k of options (his)
2019 Macan S with £18k options (Her)
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6 (his)
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S (her)

FirstSeaLord
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:45 am

Post by FirstSeaLord » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:15 pm

Too OTT in my very personal and individual view.

If you're a track rat, then bloody marvelous. This is what you've been waiting for. All power to you, possibly literally.

If you're popping to the shops, or need a fast road car for a weekend adventure, then maybe the GT3 (Touring) is what you need, sir.

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 16892
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:20 pm

FirstSeaLord wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:15 pm
Too OTT in my very personal and individual view.

If you're a track rat, then bloody marvelous. This is what you've been waiting for. All power to you, possibly literally.

If you're popping to the shops, or need a fast road car for a weekend adventure, then maybe the GT3 (Touring) is what you need, sir.

Agreed. I know the GT3 RS is track-focussed, but that car with cartoon wing would look ridiculous anywhere other than on a track!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

Jon A
Posts: 1357
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:25 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:20 pm
FirstSeaLord wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:15 pm
Too OTT in my very personal and individual view.

If you're a track rat, then bloody marvelous. This is what you've been waiting for. All power to you, possibly literally.

If you're popping to the shops, or need a fast road car for a weekend adventure, then maybe the GT3 (Touring) is what you need, sir.

Agreed. I know the GT3 RS is track-focussed, but that car with cartoon wing would look ridiculous anywhere other than on a track!
I completely disagree Simon, it would look ridiculous on a track too! 😂
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Collected on April 13th ‘22
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...
911 on order - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN1N98U9

FirstSeaLord
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:45 am

Post by FirstSeaLord » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:54 pm

Jon A wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:25 pm
Wing Commander wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:20 pm
FirstSeaLord wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:15 pm
Too OTT in my very personal and individual view.

If you're a track rat, then bloody marvelous. This is what you've been waiting for. All power to you, possibly literally.

If you're popping to the shops, or need a fast road car for a weekend adventure, then maybe the GT3 (Touring) is what you need, sir.

Agreed. I know the GT3 RS is track-focussed, but that car with cartoon wing would look ridiculous anywhere other than on a track!
I completely disagree Simon, it would look ridiculous on a track too! 😂
Ha! I hear you. However there's a hardcore group of individuals who are already anticipating it. And bloody great for them! I wouldn't buy one, and I agree it looks like a cartoon, but great that Porsche still makes cars like this.

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum which is why my ideal car is an understated Touring, which no-one recognises unless they're in the know.

Post Reply

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post