I like things plain and simple , hence the Macan.

The place to discuss everything else..
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Why would I want to sit behind the wheel of something that looks like a christmas tree ? New MB "E" Class.

095-mercedes-benz-e-class-review-ambient-lighting.jpg

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Every Porsche is gonna look like that soon 😉
Macan S MY 2023
andreas

Post by andreas »

I like ambient lighting, it can usually be dimmed to look more discreet.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I already have this in my current E Class and it looks great 🙂

As you say, it can be dimmed and any colour chosen. It can also be switched off completely.
Macan S MY 2023
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Skyway wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:10 pm I already have this in my current E Class and it looks great 🙂

As you say, it can be dimmed and any colour chosen. It can also be switched off completely.
From 64 colours IIRC on an A class, decisions decisions , nothing wrong with a bit of ambient lighting but top & Front of dashboard ??????
There's no way my left arm would reach the controls on the passenger side . ;) I have enough trouble keeping my 11 year old grandson away from the haptic buttons on my Macan , I'd have no chance of keeping him away from the screen on the passenger side.
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

It’s not to my taste either. But the strangest thing to me is Merc’s approach to engines. All the years when diesel was massive in the UK they didn’t offer one. Now that diesel is completely out of fashion it’s all they offer, and petrol is only for the base variant. It’s like they are always a decade behind the market here - but I’m sure they must make high powered petrol engines for other markets (and I’m sure they used to make diesels for other markets when the UK wanted them).
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Moriarty wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:33 pm It’s not to my taste either. But the strangest thing to me is Merc’s approach to engines. All the years when diesel was massive in the UK they didn’t offer one. Now that diesel is completely out of fashion it’s all they offer, and petrol is only for the base variant. It’s like they are always a decade behind the market here - but I’m sure they must make high powered petrol engines for other markets (and I’m sure they used to make diesels for other markets when the UK wanted them).
Not sure which decade you’re referring but there have been loads of petrol options at least in the last 15 years of my Merc ownership. They also have a number of petrol hybrids now.
Macan S MY 2023
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Its great on any Merc.

The brighter the better.

Anything to disguise the cheap and nasty materials that there are inside a Merc.

PIMPMOBILE wannabe, or may already be.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:01 pm Its great on any Merc.

The brighter the better.

Anything to disguise the cheap and nasty materials that there are inside a Merc.

PIMPMOBILE wannabe, or may already be.
My Porsche interior is definitely no better than my Merc. Is your comment based upon ownership or just because you don’t believe anything can be as good as a Porsche?
Macan S MY 2023
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:00 pm Why would I want to sit behind the wheel of something that looks like a christmas tree ? New MB "E" Class.
095-mercedes-benz-e-class-review-ambient-lighting.jpg
Possibly to pander to the huge China and USA markets tastes. :oops:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver