Porsche Macan Extras

The place to discuss everything else..
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:07 pm Whilst cleaning the interior of my wife's Tekna+ Nissan Juke this afternoon I compared it's standard spec to a standard Macan S and how much Porsche charge for these as "Extras"

Heated Windscreen - £333.00
Surround Camera - £575.00
Privacy Glass - £366.00
Auto Dim Mirrors -£278.00
Lane keeping assist - £453.00
Adaptive Cruise control - £666.00
Speed Limit Indicator - £204.00
Lane Change Assist - £453.00
Comfort Access - £500.00
Bose Music - £917.00

Total £4745.00

Easy Money
Same way that Porsche don't need to discount cars. You either want one or you don't.

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I received an email from my local OPC yesterday offering me a new Taycan, in stock and immediately available. Apparently it "is quite simply the ultimate expression of a Porsche sports car – striking proportions, timeless and instantly recognisable design and a perfect blend of performance and everyday usability" ..... just don't want one, I've got the one that ticks my boxes and fits me, passengers and clubs all at the same time. Haven't asked about discount :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:27 pm I received an email from my local OPC yesterday offering me a new Taycan, in stock and immediately available. Apparently it "is quite simply the ultimate expression of a Porsche sports car – striking proportions, timeless and instantly recognisable design and a perfect blend of performance and everyday usability" ..... just don't want one, I've got the one that ticks my boxes and fits me, passengers and clubs all at the same time. Haven't asked about discount :D
Don't have to ask. Just received an email from drivethedeal.com

PORSCHE TAYCAN SPORT TURISMO 560KW TURBO S 93KWH 5DR AUTO [22KW] [5 SEAT]

Yours brand new with £18k off.

First time I've ever seen a Porsche being offered by a broker. Times definitely are hard.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Does the Nissan come with adaptive suspension which is now standard on most new Macan? Does it come with a sub 5 second 0-60 time and a sub 5 sec 60-0 time? Does it come with quality engineering and desirability. I think not. All those are included in the Macan spec for free.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Most Macans end up with around £10K of options added on average, and you get to choose. If you want a similar Audi SQ5 albeit with more standard kit (that you might not want) then it’ll cost around £68K. I think this, in this market, makes the Macan good value.

I also tend to look upon Porsche as the next tier up from BMW/Merc/Audi 😉
Macan S MY 2023
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:44 pm Does the Nissan come with adaptive suspension which is now standard on most new Macan? Does it come with a sub 5 second 0-60 time and a sub 5 sec 60-0 time? Does it come with quality engineering and desirability. I think not. All those are included in the Macan spec for free.
I wasn't comparing the Juke to the Macan, I was pointing out the potential profit Porsche make on extras. I don't think Porsche make a loss on a standard car.
The step up from N Connecta grade to Tekna is £1500 and for that you get :

Advanced Safety Shield Pack* including Intelligent Around View Monitor (360° colour camera), Intelligent Driver Alertness, Blind Spot Intervention, Rear Cross-Traffic alert, Intelligent Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist, Moving Object Detection
Bose® Personal® Plus Audio System
Heat Pack including heated front seats, heated steering wheel, ThermaClear® heated windscreen, height adjustable passenger seat

which is "slightly" less than what Porsche charge.