Tyre Extinguishers

The place to discuss everything else..
Nella

Post by Nella »

TheTraveller wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:33 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:55 am
crxvtec wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:19 pm
The thought did occur, however given the instructions on their website to let a small hard object do the deflating, they'd be done and off in prob <15 seconds so it'll be a very slim chance of catching them in the act unless you were continually watching the vehicle.
Published 'instructions' are just a smokescreen so they can say no damage was done. As the other thread showed, the act of deflating is criminal damage. They are better off spiking the sidewalls.
It doesn’t say it is criminal damage. Not even the Met Police say that. Not until it becomes case law., and it’s not there yet. Any damage to the tyre, is indeed criminal damage.
That’s why their site gives instructions on what to do and how to do it. So they don’t get busted for their actions.

Sorry but whoever you are quoting from the Met Police saying it is not criminal damage is wrong. Letting a car tyre down regardless of whether the structure of the tyre is actually damaged is criminal damage. Criminal damage does have to be permanent.

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Nella wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:04 am
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:55 am

Published 'instructions' are just a smokescreen so they can say no damage was done. As the other thread showed, the act of deflating is criminal damage. They are better off spiking the sidewalls.
It doesn’t say it is criminal damage. Not even the Met Police say that. Not until it becomes case law., and it’s not there yet. Any damage to the tyre, is indeed criminal damage.
That’s why their site gives instructions on what to do and how to do it. So they don’t get busted for their actions.
Sorry but whoever you are quoting from the Met Police saying it is not criminal damage is wrong. Letting a car tyre down regardless of whether the structure of the tyre is actually damaged is criminal damage. Criminal damage does have to be permanent.
I agree, criminal damage does have to be permanent, and deflating a tyre is not.
I’ll let you contact the Met spokesperson and inform them of YOUR decision.😂
Nella

Post by Nella »

TheTraveller wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:53 am
I agree, criminal damage does have to be permanent, and deflating a tyre is not.

Sorry but there was a typo in my last, criminal damage does NOT have to be permanent damage.
It’s not ‘MY’ decision is the the law.

Taken from the CPS web page if this helps,

“ Damage is not defined by the CDA 1971. It should be widely interpreted to include not only permanent or temporary physical harm, but also permanent or temporary impairment of value or usefulness - Morphitis v. Salmon [1990] Crim.L.R. 48.

Any alteration to the physical nature of the property concerned may amount to damage within the meaning of the section. The courts have construed the term liberally and included damage that is not permanent such as smearing mud on the walls of a police cell. Where the interference amounts to an impairment of the value or usefulness of the property to the owner, then the necessary damage is established - R v Whiteley [1991] 93 Crim. App. R. 25.”

Happy for you to PM me with details of Met spokesperson as the information you claim they have put out is incorrect.
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

I've seen the aftermath of a couple of 'attacks' from these idiots from people I personally know of, via Instagram. They're not just letting tyres down - they're slashing them too.

Someone had their Twisted Defender done, Manchester I believe, all 4 tyres slashed. Same for someone else in a Range Rover Sport. Again, not hearsay...I saw the videos of both.

I'm sure you could legally employ quite a lot of 'self defence' if they had a sharp object on them. The irony is they're wrecking perfectly good tyres which is a waste, as the owner is only going to buy new ones and carry on again, likely with even less care towards their cause than before!
Nella

Post by Nella »

Wotsits wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:15 am I've seen the aftermath of a couple of 'attacks' from these idiots from people I personally know of, via Instagram. They're not just letting tyres down - they're slashing them too.

Someone had their Twisted Defender done, Manchester I believe, all 4 tyres slashed. Same for someone else in a Range Rover Sport. Again, not hearsay...I saw the videos of both.

I'm sure you could legally employ quite a lot of 'self defence' if they had a sharp object on them. The irony is they're wrecking perfectly good tyres which is a waste, as the owner is only going to buy new ones and carry on again, likely with even less care towards their cause than before!

Section 3 of the Criminal Damage Act 1971:

“Possessing anything with intent to destroy or damage property.

A person who has anything in his custody or under his control intending without lawful excuse to use it or cause or permit another to use it—
(a)to destroy or damage any property belonging to some other person; or

(b)to destroy or damage his own or the user’s property in a way which he knows is likely to endanger the life of some other person;

shall be guilty of an offence.”

And if you did catch anyone then under

Section 3 Criminal Law Act 1967:

"A person may use such force as is reasonable in the circumstances in the prevention of crime, or in effecting or assisting in the lawful arrest of offenders or suspected offenders or of persons unlawfully at large."

Best to call the police in the first instance!!!
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Wotsits wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:15 am I've seen the aftermath of a couple of 'attacks' from these idiots from people I personally know of, via Instagram. They're not just letting tyres down - they're slashing them too.

The idiots don’t think, that by having to replace damaged tyres with new ones, has an impact on the environment, which they are aiming to protect.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Nella wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:25 am

Sorry but there was a typo in my last, criminal damage does NOT have to be permanent damage.

“ Damage is not defined by the CDA 1971. It should be widely interpreted to include not only permanent or temporary physical harm, but also permanent or temporary impairment of value or usefulness - Morphitis v. Salmon [1990] Crim.L.R. 48.

Any alteration to the physical nature of the property concerned may amount to damage within the meaning of the section. The courts have construed the term liberally and included damage that is not permanent such as smearing mud on the walls of a police cell. Where the interference amounts to an impairment of the value or usefulness of the property to the owner, then the necessary damage is established - R v Whiteley [1991] 93 Crim. App. R. 25.”

Happy for you to PM me with details of Met spokesperson as the information you claim they have put out is incorrect.
I’ll bet no one has been prosecuted for this yet. The implications of doing so is a minefield and would be costly, without definite clarification. I’ve seen this above case, and as mentioned on another thread, the one re deleting PC files. But they are not the same, that’s why they have different case stated definitions.
The Met spokesperson was which I read on a TV newsfeed. So I am unable to give details.
Nella

Post by Nella »

TheTraveller wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:23 pm
Nella wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:25 am

I’ll bet no one has been prosecuted for this yet. The implications of doing so is a minefield and would be costly, without definite clarification. I’ve seen this above case, and as mentioned on another thread, the one re deleting PC files. But they are not the same, that’s why they have different case stated definitions.
The Met spokesperson was which I read on a TV newsfeed. So I am unable to give details.
There have defo been arrests and prosecutions for criminal damage caused by deflating tyres.

You may have misheard the police spokesperson as the offence is most certainly criminal damage.

As for cost should one of these loons on the current campaign get arrested I’m certain they would get charged and probably be happy to be as they would then be a martyr to the cause.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

You can not be above the law. There is far more knowledgeable people who deal with cases on a daily basis.
Have a look at this.

083D5981-E9E3-4FC0-89E7-8EE8DDD664A7.png

04549388-538F-441E-87D6-3D4C00F82503.png

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver