Taycan Sport Turismo

The place to discuss everything else..
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Amazing how things move on. I remember the furore about the shift from air cooled to water cooled, well over 20 years ago and the difference in heritage/sound etc. Then there was the equally vocal "diesels have no place in a Porsche" debates, which Porsche eventually agreed with and now here we are, swooning over full sized Scalextric cars. There must be some shag smoking, chunky jumpered, air cooled luddites going out of their tiny minds right now?

:lol:
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

EV's are not for me, but I accept it is inevitable that one day I will be owning one.
This car, the Taycan Sport Turismo, is the only EV that I have looked at in some depth.
It looks stunning.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Looking forward to seeing a Sports Turismo in the metal. Had a Cross Turismo out for 24 hours which I’m not totally sold on the looks and when it was parked beside a saloon Taycan the saloon looked so much sleeker.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I took Taycan 4S Cross Turismo for a ride yesterday… great car and I would be very comfortable in it if I had to drive for a living and visit unsuspecting clients, or if I had to drive a local dictator on the back seat.

However, I need only two (max three doors) and Taycan is just too long for my application. I think I will wait for 2/3 door version. I understand that 718 goes electric in 2025, so short wheel platform is on the drawing board.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Can anyone detail or link me to detail on the issues Porsche have been facing with their batteries? Thanks
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94