New Highway Code rule.

The place to discuss everything else..
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

As mentioned in a previous thread, a new set of laws in the Highway Code come into force on the 29 January. As there’s been hardly any public targets to get this message into the domain. I’ll just mention one of them. Sect 186 states that vehicles must give way to cyclists at roundabouts, who have priority.
If the cyclists know the law and drivers don’t, there could be some meeting of metal, and serious road rage, or injuries could ensue.

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I have always thought the rule was to give way to any road user who has priority at a roundabout. Doesn’t sound too difficult to adjust it’s common sense…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

There are many rubbish drivers around. I was behind some idiot tonight who thought it was necessary to stop for ages at a roundabout even although there were no cars to be seen :roll: :roll: :roll:
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

ScotMac wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:23 pm There are many rubbish drivers around. I was behind some idiot tonight who thought it was necessary to stop for ages at a roundabout even although there were no cars to be seen :roll: :roll: :roll:

Was it a white car, with red & blue stripes, and a blue light on the roof...?! :P
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:29 pm
ScotMac wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:23 pm There are many rubbish drivers around. I was behind some idiot tonight who thought it was necessary to stop for ages at a roundabout even although there were no cars to be seen :roll: :roll: :roll:

Was it a white car, with red & blue stripes, and a blue light on the roof...?! :P
Ice cream van?
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I was just catching up with the latest forum posts, if I don't keep on top of them it all gets too much 😭😭😭😭
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
pmg

Post by pmg »

As car drivers have we now not priority at roundabouts in front off HGV's??? Just asking for a friend!! ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Were in in your Porsche, if so they obviously clocked what you were driving and wanted to pee you off.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I just wonder how many pedestrians and cyclist have any knowledge of the highway code or the fact that it has changed. Those that have always just stepped out will continue to do so but have no idea they are now in the right.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

I got hit with a "PCN code 53J entering pedestrian zone" last week - I never even knew this rule existed and then when I looked back on the evidence there was a road sign which most probably wouldn't have looked at as you'd be looking ahead to make sure you didn't hit anyone. Essentially I was driving past a school entrance during pickup time - didn't stop just wanted to get from one side of the street to the next. Seems crazy to me - do people just avoid going past schools during these pick-up / drop-off times?
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose