Porsche 718 Caveman GTS 4.0

The place to discuss everything else..
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I still think that Caveman GTS 4.0 is an awesome machine, but it’s time for me to focus my sights on a 911. New thread to follow 🤓

Thanks all for your feedback, it helped me think through some questions that are difficult to answer without the bum in the seat 😆
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I love a good 911 thread! ;) :P
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

2 months and 2k miles into my B25 ownership and I have to say the 4.0 motor is incredible. Like you I've often thought about getting a 911 but I think those thoughts have now rapidly faded away. I think my current car is a keeper.

The 911 is for many the pinnacle of Porsche ownership and I can certainly understand why but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the subject after your GTS has arrived and you've had a chance to enjoy it.

In the meantime you'll still have hours of fun on the configurator and getting people on here to spend your money :-)
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

You are absolutely right Miopyk. Your B25 is awesome!

The GTS 4.0 is a great vehicle as well and I know for a fact that I would be very happy with it. It would provide me with immense satisfaction and grin factor on daily commutes.

However, I am also planning for the post-plague days, when we are allowed to travel again. I covered it above with cabin space, reclining seats and rear seats. It is important for me that both, my wife and I are happy to travel in the GT vehicle.

And finally I want a 911, before they go extinct. The GTS 4.0 would delay it unnecessarily.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Pivot wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:16 pm You are absolutely right Miopyk. Your B25 is awesome!

The GTS 4.0 is a great vehicle as well and I know for a fact that I would be very happy with it. It would provide me with immense satisfaction and grin factor on daily commutes.

However, I am also planning for the post-plague days, when we are allowed to travel again. I covered it above with cabin space, reclining seats and rear seats. It is important for me that both, my wife and I are happy to travel in the GT vehicle.

And finally I want a 911, before they go extinct. The GTS 4.0 would delay it unnecessarily.
Can't argue with that. Hopefully the world will be in a better place when it arrives and you'll get to enjoy it to the max.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25