http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Deleted User 1874 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:51 pm
Miopyk wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:02 pm
Peteski wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:53 pm

The hatred is all one way on this forum when it comes to EVs. EV trolling is everywhere. People don’t like change. Everyone has plenty of ICE experience, but relatively few have any meaningful EV experience.
You misunderstand. In this case it's the messenger not the message.
Okay I give up. You'll be pleased to know I've decided to leave this forum for now as I find it a bit too insular and other than OT subjects like EVs I don't really have any interest. Maybe I'll come back when the EV Macan appears.
For those who are seriously interested in EVs, don't let some of the people here who have zero experience and yet like to offer a very negative opinion put you off.
There is no need to leave, this is just a tough crowd to convince of the many merits of EV. Just keep it non Tesla specific… 😊
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Think he has gone

I’m
Interested in seeing their development not been or driven one for a while and I’m intrigued by them
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

I really fancy an electric car, really like what the Tesla model 3 delivers but every time I go to book a test drive (did it again today) I look at the pictures of it and I just can’t get excited about it’s looks. For my taste it’s so dull and basic looking. It would be like owning my Peugeot van. Perfectly acceptable way to get from a to b but an absolute chore to wash as I have no visual attachment to it. I wish they could take the design in another direction as they all look the same and thus all disappoint me. To me it looks like a Vauxhall Astra, Ford Focus class of car. Fine at 25k but for rs3 money I just can’t do it
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Who would know I actually have an EV and am loving it. Seriously thinking of another EV for my wife but neither are likely to be a Tesla. The endless Tesla promotion every time an electric was mentioned was tiring especially as his view was to solely promote Tesla as he felt all other EVs were rubbish as they weren’t fast enough 0 to 60.

Mine isn’t lighting fast but more than quick enough for a daily driver and with the tiny running costs and silent drive I’m a convert.
micasmith

Post by micasmith »

Found a report on the status of electric cars in Norway on world in a day news. The effect this has on CO2 emissions so far may be debatable, but for cities in particular electric cars now definitely have already made some good impact on local pollution. In a city like Oslo, which suffers from winter time temperature inversion and poor air quality, I estimate that about 20% of the cars you see on the road during rush hours are electric now. Carbon burning is stone age technology that should be reduced to niche uses regardless of climate change.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

micasmith wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:30 am Found a report on the status of electric cars in Norway on world in a day news. The effect this has on CO2 emissions so far may be debatable, but for cities in particular electric cars now definitely have already made some good impact on local pollution. In a city like Oslo, which suffers from winter time temperature inversion and poor air quality, I estimate that about 20% of the cars you see on the road during rush hours are electric now. Carbon burning is stone age technology that should be reduced to niche uses regardless of climate change.
Tell that to the poor sods who installed ground and air source heat pumps!!!
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:33 pm Tell that to the poor sods who installed ground and air source heat pumps!!!
I have an ASHP. Far from making me a poor sod, it contributes to the fact that the total net energy cost of running our home for the last 4 years is £-130 (yes, that's a minus sign and when I say total I mean everything, heating, DHW, appliances, lighting, etc.).
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Old Chimer wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:34 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:33 pm Tell that to the poor sods who installed ground and air source heat pumps!!!
I have an ASHP. Far from making me a poor sod, it contributes to the fact that the total net energy cost of running our home for the last 4 years is £-130 (yes, that's a minus sign and when I say total I mean everything, heating, DHW, appliances, lighting, etc.).
How much did it cost you to install and convert your previous system?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:53 am
Old Chimer wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:34 pm
How much did it cost you to install and convert your previous system?
It's a self build so was starting from scratch. The heat pump provides heating and (when necessary) cooling, but it's just a part of the overall package. We also have solar PV with a power diverter, MVHR and SageGlass electrochromic triple glazing.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.