Electric car (choice of)

The place to discuss everything else..
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Lots of good and worthwhile comment and even passion put forward here, which is great for any forum. All ok as long as it doesn’t get personal and a bit too passionate! Long may it last.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

As has often been said. Opinions are like ar$eholes. We've all got one and they all stink except your own. And I would query that last epithet on occasion 😁
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

MikeM wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:10 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:45 am
Peteski wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:39 am Just for fun here's my personal opinion on styling.

The Macan styling on the other hand looks very messy to my eye. Proportions are fine, but there's way too much going on with all the grilles and trim. If I was being rude I would say it looks like the front end is still "under construction".
Aerodynamic detailing is pretty much non-existent and it probably has the Cd of a house brick. I expect the EV version will look much cleaner - maybe?

Peteski, I know you said “Just for fun...” but rubbishing the styling of the Macan, on a Macan forum, where nearly everyone has spent a fortune on buying a Macan, is hardly going to win you any friends. ;) Just saying. :)
I can agree with you there Simon as the vast majority on this forum are either past, present or future Macan owners, whereas Peteski is non of these. He talked a lot about buying one back in 2017 but never did. his first take on a Tesla and I quote in his own words:
“I had a look inside one recently and it seemed like a computer nerd's idea of heaven on wheels. Not for me thanks, it totally lacks any sort of charisma” 🙄😂😂
For sure I started off from the perspective of a diehard petrolhead. It took me a while to get over it. The first time I actually saw a Tesla was around 2014 when they opened a showroom in France and I balked at the huge screen and didn't think it had a chance in hell of surviving. It was when considering a Macan back in 2017 that I ended up both here on this forum and ultimately driving a Tesla. It was actually a post on this forum by someone (Goron I think) who had driven a Volvo hybrid that gave me the idea. I tested the Volvo and then out of curiosity compared it with a Tesla. Rest is history.

I only pop on here when I spot an "electric/Tesla" thread just to add a different perspective for those who might be a bit more open-minded or at least curious. Last time I offered to sling my hook quite a few people talked me out of it, so I hung around. I don't actually post very often here or on the Tesla forum any more for that matter.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Recently, goron sold his Macan Turbo, and he now drives a Tesla! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Peteski wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:02 am
Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:14 am
Peteski wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:03 am

WTF?
They do though. They all look the same and like something out of a cheap 1970s sci fi TV show.
Sorry but they do.
Don't all Porsches, Audis, Mercs, Jags, Volvos look the same too? It's just brand perception and some people just see what they want to see. Something different/disruptive that threatens the status quo is always going to be polarising. The more threatened people feel by new things, the more they tend to resort to rubbishing them. It's an interesting observation.
They are hardly disruptive!
And about as threatening as Mr Blobby!!!
Ugly and poorly thrown together.
I get they are popular but so are Toyota Prius for exactly the same reason. They were really trendy as well when they first came out and are great cabs now! Same for Teslas, except you'd only be able to cab in one until the battery ran out.
Teslas will be overtaken, excuse the pun, once people get bored with them unless they massively improve the quality and make them more interesting.
To be fair my son would love one. But then he is 11!
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:51 pm
Peteski wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:02 am
Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:14 am

They do though. They all look the same and like something out of a cheap 1970s sci fi TV show.
Sorry but they do.
Don't all Porsches, Audis, Mercs, Jags, Volvos look the same too? It's just brand perception and some people just see what they want to see. Something different/disruptive that threatens the status quo is always going to be polarising. The more threatened people feel by new things, the more they tend to resort to rubbishing them. It's an interesting observation.
They are hardly disruptive!
And about as threatening as Mr Blobby!!!
Ugly and poorly thrown together.
I get they are popular but so are Toyota Prius for exactly the same reason. They were really trendy as well when they first came out and are great cabs now! Same for Teslas, except you'd only be able to cab in one until the battery ran out.
Teslas will be overtaken, excuse the pun, once people get bored with them unless they massively improve the quality and make them more interesting.
To be fair my son would love one. But then he is 11!
Can you show me on the doll where Elon touched you?

Even VW’s chief feels threatened by Tesla’s progress

https://www.businessinsider.com/volkswa ... ?r=US&IR=T
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Somebody rang that bell again… 😂😂👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Peteski just loves that little frog face the Model 3 have 😋. Col was very generous in selecting a picture of a red Performance Model 3 in his example which is possibly the “better” looking of all models, try a white standard range for blandness and we all see hundreds of them everyday on the road and in every company car park. Getting a new car that is exactly ditto to so many others would kill me but clearly the average owner doesn’t see it that way. Owners clearly like bland.

But they are selling well due to current sale incentives and/or lack of competition or the sheeplike mentality of “I need electric and must buy a Tesla”

Lastly Peteski you admit only coming on here to challenge views, I wonder if that is what is wanted on a Macan forum. Think we all know you love Tesla and many on here don’t and it could be left at that. Threads on electric cars can be just that without becoming a Tesla evangelism mission.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I think it’s something we are all going to have to get use to seeing. That is the front end of a vehicle without a mouth, what in essence is no radiator grille.
We’ve been conditioned to see them for a hundred years or more, and the designers have incorporated them to the sleekness as much as possible. But they are not needed for EV’s.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

TheTraveller wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:33 am I think it’s something we are all going to have to get use to seeing. That is the front end of a vehicle without a mouth, what in essence is no radiator grille.
We’ve been conditioned to see them for a hundred years or more, and the designers have incorporated them to the sleekness as much as possible. But they are not needed for EV’s.

Some look better than others. ;)

0ECCB571-9F65-4675-922E-1CF5778C93FE.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018