How much will Greta cost us?

The place to discuss everything else..
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

In the grand scheme of this world that we Enjoy whilst we Destroy basically we’re F**ked. But look on the bright side, those of you patiently waiting for your shiny new Macan’s may get them before 💥⁉️

FD8ED654-FB42-401F-9F01-96314749D31C.jpeg

Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MikeM wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:21 pm In the grand scheme of this world that we Enjoy whilst we Destroy basically we’re F**ked. But look on the bright side, those of you patiently waiting for your shiny new Macan’s may get them before 💥⁉️

not if you ordered a GTS. They're being delivered posthumously
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

What a lovely topic this is for a Friday afternoon lol.

I'm no eco warrior but all we need to do is plant more trees, save the bees and clean the seas. Trees have always been the best way to remove Co2 from the atmosphere and always will be. So when we are all driving along in our nice cars all we have to do is plant a few trees every so often to offset the carbon, simple.
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Sniperob wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:38 pm What a lovely topic this is for a Friday afternoon lol.

I'm no eco warrior but all we need to do is plant more trees, save the bees and clean the seas. Trees have always been the best way to remove Co2 from the atmosphere and always will be. So when we are all driving along in our nice cars all we have to do is plant a few trees every so often to offset the carbon, simple.
I live in the South Downs National Park. Loads of the buggers around here. Every time the wind gets up they have a little lie down, usually across a busy road :(
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Well Greta is in London and moving on to Glasgow - hope she has her e-bike charged up for the journey. I hope she didnt discard her old mobile in favour of the latest tech. I hope she swan into the UK from Sweden.

How many of those can she answer yes to ?
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

pmg wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:59 amI think Nuclear will just cause future climate issues for the reason I set out earlier in the thread, i.e releasing the energy contained within atoms out into the atmosphere
The energy we convert into usable forms is insignificant wrt warming the world; it's the pollution which makes us capture more of the vast amount of energy coming in from the sun.

Thus burning Hydrogen contributes virtually nothing, methane (CH4) contributes a bit and coal (being mostly C) contributes a lot as the CO2 production per unit of heat rises.

H2O can be a greenhouse gas but doesn't contribute much.

We are of course dependent on nuclear energy to keep the core warm and thus maintain our magnetic field and plate tectonics which help in the carbon cycle.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
pmg

Post by pmg »

Tim92gts wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:15 pm
pmg wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:59 amI think Nuclear will just cause future climate issues for the reason I set out earlier in the thread, i.e releasing the energy contained within atoms out into the atmosphere
The energy we convert into usable forms is insignificant wrt warming the world; it's the pollution which makes us capture more of the vast amount of energy coming in from the sun.

Thus burning Hydrogen contributes virtually nothing, methane (CH4) contributes a bit and coal (being mostly C) contributes a lot as the CO2 production per unit of heat rises.

H2O can be a greenhouse gas but doesn't contribute much.

We are of course dependent on nuclear energy to keep the core warm and thus maintain our magnetic field and plate tectonics which help in the carbon cycle.
I agree ozone gases meaning more heat retained is part of the problem but that makes it more critical that your source of energy takes energy from the atmosphere rather than providing heat/energy from a source where it is stored inert like carbon or atoms
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:49 pm I try not to watch the news.

I tell my Dad if it's in the Daily Mail it's not true anyway!!!

And they're only on about climate change as there is no pandemic news and China hasn't yet invaded Afghanistan!!!!!
Exactly my thoughts and what I also tell my dad 😂
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Percymon wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:39 pm Well Greta is in London and moving on to Glasgow - hope she has her e-bike charged up for the journey. I hope she didnt discard her old mobile in favour of the latest tech. I hope she swan into the UK from Sweden.

How many of those can she answer yes to ?
I don't think it's hypocritical to travel when your journey might actually lead to a net positive difference overall. It's not like she's going on holiday in her private jet, which would be massively hypocritical. If you applied your kind of logic, then you would cancel the whole summit on the basis of the insignificant pollution the meeting itself would cause.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

MikeM wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:21 pm In the grand scheme of this world that we Enjoy whilst we Destroy basically we’re F**ked. But look on the bright side, those of you patiently waiting for your shiny new Macan’s may get them before 💥⁉️

My biology teacher predicted that human population growth would result in the end of humanity. Then it's time for the insects to rule the world. :shock:
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6