LED upgrade for the Halogen lights - A guide

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

I had to import my SV.4 from Headlight Revolution in the USA. Could not find them in Europe at all.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Well another set of LEDPERF H15 failed. Sent them back and they sent me a new set. Fitted and working for 10 minutes. Now the DRL comes on when you ask for high beam!!!! No errors on the dash at all.

There must be a solution that works somewhere, has anyone tried anything else that fits and work with the H15 bulb?????
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

So just to update I have removed the H15 LEDPERF from the car and tested them independently. Both units have failed after just a few minutes of use. Thats 4 failures now!

The SV.4 H7 units from the USA have been ultra-reliable in the dipped beam. I did import some SV.4 H15 from the USA but they were simply too big to fit into the headlight, such a shame as they would have worked I am sure!
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

OK, found a new H15 solution that works really well. This is H15 for High beam and DRL. Been running these for a few weeks now and they are perfect. No errors and DLR are not overly bright. Maybe not as bright on highbeam as the LEDPerf ones but a better beam pattern.

H15 CSP LED Headlight Bulbs Kit 7600 Lumens 9-16V Canbus Error Free 44w DRL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372516878198

You do need to remove the rear "flap" on the LED and they are a bit tight but do fit and work great. Price is fine too.
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

Just fitted these and they work for me as well with my problematic Macan 2016 SD, Thanks Rich, my lights nightmare is over and they look great. The little box just tucks down the forward inside of the headlamp unit neatly too, so no holes or fiddling about.