NFU Insurance for Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

All

Over my years of Porsche ownership I have always insured with a Lloyds syndicate via a broker. Whilst the cover has been excellent the price is now starting to creep up. With the delivery of my Macan now due in September I have started getting some alternate quotes and having regularly seen NFU mentioned on the forum thought I would start with them. My gut feeling from my initial calls has been very promising and the quoted cost is also really competitive. Has anyone here had good or bad experiences with NFU cover for their Macan that they could share. Are there any gaps in the cover that I should be aware of? What are your experiences of their claims dept?

Thanks
Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981

Bogus

Post by Bogus »

Don't know have experience with the claims team and hopefully never.. But I have insured my last 2 Porsches and my S600 through them. Great service and very competitive prices..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
boreas7

Post by boreas7 »

Used NFU once, most pleased as per previous post, have not claimed however.

Had a small accident on another policy and on declaring the accident, the NFU renewal price increased unacceptably.

Have used SAGA with good consistent prices, altough always use comparitor site as a start point.
Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

NFU are one of the best. Use with confidence
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Porsche Insurance; well worth a try.......
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I insured with them for 2 years until I sold my SD.

Price was very competitive, 0% monthly repayments if you required them and 2yrs new car replacement if stolen or written of.
Most insurers only provide 1 year.

They have been Which / Auto Express No1 insurer for years.

I can't give any personal experience of claims handling as I never had a requirement to claim.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Been with NFU for 30 years and I've made loads of claims with no problems.

My first write off was on a Sunday afternoon, adjuster came out on the Wednesday and the payment was in my account by the next Wednesday.

Had a couple of largish travel claims over the last six years and they've been stress free.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

Thanks for the positive feedback regarding NFU insurance. The two year back to invoice sounds like their USP which would save on GAP.

Do you know if they allow use of Porsche approved repairers and allow the OPC to use OEM glass for windscreen replacement?

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I have just been onto the Porsche website for my ins. quote, which is due soon. Wow, it's over than 3 times more than the cheapest quotes, and more expensive than all quotes. That's is expensive. Full NCB and never had a claim. Not in a busy urban area.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

'Phone them.......
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'