Drainage ducts need cleaning Sir. Kerching!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
AllanG
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:00 am
Location: near Southampton

Post by AllanG » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:20 pm

Interestingly, I contacted OPC Tonbridge to get their price for unblocking the drains, and they have quoted £71.40 for the front drains, and £51.00 for the sunroof drains, both prices include VAT. They also charge for the door sill drains, but as my car is only 2 years old, they said they very much doubted that they’d be a problem with these, so didn’t give me a price.

I also contacted Porsche UK about this matter, and I’m awaiting their reply, so I’ll keep you posted!
Allan

2020 Macan S in Volcano Grey

Old Chimer
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Old Chimer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:54 pm

Hadn't read this thread previously but very glad I have now. We have a very large specimen of a semi-evergreen Arbutus Unendo (Strawberry Tree) that overhangs our driveway. It sheds lots of small leaves and masses of jelly-like blossom not to mention the Strawberry-like fruits.

Suffice to say I shall not now be ordering the pano roof!

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 16103
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 pm

Old Chimer wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:54 pm
Hadn't read this thread previously but very glad I have now. We have a very large specimen of a semi-evergreen Arbutus Unendo (Strawberry Tree) that overhangs our driveway. It sheds lots of small leaves and masses of jelly-like blossom not to mention the Strawberry-like fruits.

Suffice to say I shall not now be ordering the pano roof!

Wise man! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

Old Chimer
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Old Chimer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:28 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 pm
Old Chimer wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:54 pm
Hadn't read this thread previously but very glad I have now. We have a very large specimen of a semi-evergreen Arbutus Unendo (Strawberry Tree) that overhangs our driveway. It sheds lots of small leaves and masses of jelly-like blossom not to mention the Strawberry-like fruits.

Suffice to say I shall not now be ordering the pano roof!

Wise man! :)
Pee'd off though as I'd prefer to have the roof. Wife is insistent that we have black leather, and the pano roof would at least have brightened the interior somewhat.

Jon A
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:35 pm

Old Chimer wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:28 pm
Wing Commander wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 pm
Old Chimer wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:54 pm
Hadn't read this thread previously but very glad I have now. We have a very large specimen of a semi-evergreen Arbutus Unendo (Strawberry Tree) that overhangs our driveway. It sheds lots of small leaves and masses of jelly-like blossom not to mention the Strawberry-like fruits.

Suffice to say I shall not now be ordering the pano roof!

Wise man! :)
Pee'd off though as I'd prefer to have the roof. Wife is insistent that we have black leather, and the pano roof would at least have brightened the interior somewhat.
Not sure you need to not spec if you want it. There will be thousands of vehicles that have experienced no problems at all. Also if you are buying new (as I am) then there will be a warranty for the vast majority of your ownership.
It doesn’t sound like too onerous a task to keep the drains checked to me?
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Now Locked…
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 16103
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:36 pm

Old Chimer wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:28 pm
Wing Commander wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 pm
Old Chimer wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:54 pm
Hadn't read this thread previously but very glad I have now. We have a very large specimen of a semi-evergreen Arbutus Unendo (Strawberry Tree) that overhangs our driveway. It sheds lots of small leaves and masses of jelly-like blossom not to mention the Strawberry-like fruits.

Suffice to say I shall not now be ordering the pano roof!

Wise man! :)
Pee'd off though as I'd prefer to have the roof. Wife is insistent that we have black leather, and the pano roof would at least have brightened the interior somewhat.

I’ve had 4 Porsches, all with black interiors & none with pano roof. I honestly have not felt the interiors to be oppressive or claustrophobic at all. :)

I think there’s a (another) myth perpetuated by OPC salespeople that black interiors are too dark without a pano roof; along with ‘You’ll never sell it without a pano, or Bose!’.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

Jon A
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:47 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:36 pm
Old Chimer wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:28 pm
Wing Commander wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 pm



Wise man! :)
Pee'd off though as I'd prefer to have the roof. Wife is insistent that we have black leather, and the pano roof would at least have brightened the interior somewhat.

I’ve had 4 Porsches, all with black interiors & none with pano roof. I honestly have not felt the interiors to be oppressive or claustrophobic at all. :)

I think there’s a (another) myth perpetuated by OPC salespeople that black interiors are too dark without a pano roof; along with ‘You’ll never sell it without a pano, or Bose!’.
Agree with Simon on these points. I have specced a roof but not for resale but because I have wanted an opening roof since three cars ago and for one reason or another didn’t manage to get. When I last had one, I opened it regularly, but agree I don’t think it enhances a black interior any more than without?
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Now Locked…
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...

Bluesnose1812
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:16 pm
Location: Worcestershire

Post by Bluesnose1812 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:54 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:36 pm
Old Chimer wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:28 pm


Pee'd off though as I'd prefer to have the roof. Wife is insistent that we have black leather, and the pano roof would at least have brightened the interior somewhat.

I’ve had 4 Porsches, all with black interiors & none with pano roof. I honestly have not felt the interiors to be oppressive or claustrophobic at all. :)
Old Chimer. If that's not an offer of marriage I don't know what is. :D
--
Locked for April 22
Macan S|Jet Black|Pano¦ Wndw Trm |14 way¦Vented¦Belts|Air¦75L¦PwrStrng+|LamnAcousPrivcy Glass|Surr self park|SLI ¦LCA¦ACC¦Ioniser|Heated¦W/Scrn¦GT S/Whl|BOSE|18" Spare|Boot Mat| http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLJR217

Old Chimer
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Old Chimer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:10 pm

Jon A wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:35 pm
Not sure you need to not spec if you want it. There will be thousands of vehicles that have experienced no problems at all. Also if you are buying new (as I am) then there will be a warranty for the vast majority of your ownership.
It doesn’t sound like too onerous a task to keep the drains checked to me?
Yes, but if, as seems to be the case, these drains are easily blocked, they're near certain to get blocked if stood on our driveway. And with servicing only every two years, and likely need for clearing at more regular intervals (at variable estimates of cost), it's simply not worth the aggro.

Old Chimer
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Old Chimer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:11 pm

Bluesnose1812 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:54 pm
Wing Commander wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:36 pm
Old Chimer wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:28 pm


Pee'd off though as I'd prefer to have the roof. Wife is insistent that we have black leather, and the pano roof would at least have brightened the interior somewhat.

I’ve had 4 Porsches, all with black interiors & none with pano roof. I honestly have not felt the interiors to be oppressive or claustrophobic at all. :)
Old Chimer. If that's not an offer of marriage I don't know what is. :D
I'm already spoken for ;)

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post