Macan GTS 24 Stolen

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
FBCello

Post by FBCello »

hi all,

waited 9m for my Macan GTS with lovely specs, used it for less 3m...
It got stolen on the night of 6/7Jun at 3:04am in SW6, the build in Porsche/Vodafone tracker "worked" it sent a SMS alarm to my phone whilst I was asleep...
90s later the air tag was disabled, I had a steering disklock on as well.
The police just gave me a crime number and where not bothered to call (as expected), I think the car is totally gone and outside the country...
Pathetic that the car of 90k is so easy to steal....
it seems from reading the forum and the internet, there is an increase of stolen Macans, may be due to the end of the ICE engines.
Sad

Cyblyn

Post by Cyblyn »

How annoying sorry to read about your long awaited Macan GTS being stolen.
Just like Range Rover Sport models are prime targets!
What more can you do to secure your pride and joy other than keep it in a locked garage out of sight.
Insurance premiums will take a hit where ever we live in the UK.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your bad news. Given all the precautions you took it must be devastating. Unfortunately, no car is absolutely "thief proof" and this looks like a professional job.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Very sorry to hear of another Macan in London being stolen. It sucks, but hopefully insurance will make you whole again and ultimately it is just a car (albeit a very nice one).

Out of interest, did you have keyless (comfort) entry?
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Sorry to welcome you in these circumstances.

At least they did not gain access to your property and threaten you and your family.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

Woow, feel for you mate...
fucking sucks :(.....
Idk if theres any footage from houses nearby, if that helps the police.....
with my theft attempt on another car (not macan) they were eager to help once i could provide cctv from a neighbour.....
FBCello wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:17 am hi all,

waited 9m for my Macan GTS with lovely specs, used it for less 3m...
It got stolen on the night of 6/7Jun at 3:04am in SW6, the build in Porsche/Vodafone tracker "worked" it sent a SMS alarm to my phone whilst I was asleep...
90s later the air tag was disabled, I had a steering disklock on as well.
The police just gave me a crime number and where not bothered to call (as expected), I think the car is totally gone and outside the country...
Pathetic that the car of 90k is so easy to steal....
it seems from reading the forum and the internet, there is an increase of stolen Macans, may be due to the end of the ICE engines.
Sad
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Welcome to the Forum. Sadly for all the wrong reasons.

F**king scum. Makes you question if it's worth working hard to buy nice things, only for some low life to take it. Mo4re annoying is that the manufacturers seam to have gone out of their way to make it easy for them.

Did the car have Comfort Access fitted?

It's for these reasons, I have a security bollard installed. They'll go off and find an easier target. Hopefully that target one day will be a nice solid Oak tree with their name on it. Bullseye !
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

wab172uk wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:15 pm Welcome to the Forum. Sadly for all the wrong reasons.

F**king scum. Makes you question if it's worth working hard to buy nice things, only for some low life to take it. Mo4re annoying is that the manufacturers seam to have gone out of their way to make it easy for them.

It's for these reasons, I have a security bollard installed. They'll go off and find an easier target. Hopefully that target one day will be a nice solid Oak tree with their name on it. Bullseye !
Am thinking about security bollard Wab - was it costly and how long to install??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

wab172uk wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:15 pm Welcome to the Forum. Sadly for all the wrong reasons.

Am thinking about security bollard Wab - was it costly and how long to install??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
snipez999

Post by snipez999 »

I've got 2 bollards (ooeer missus). Larger versions, so insurance approved, with assisted lift (ie. on air struts) which were £1800 for the pair, fully fitted in half a day. Better than the folding ones which just bolt down to the floor.
Range Rover Sport SVR
Crayon GTS on order for Sept '24!
Porsche Code - now locked in - PSU3UQ71