4-year Service Experience

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Not the Maximum £54.85 ??? I suppose 15p Porsche Tax is not too bad.................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

GWL wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:50 am
gasgas1 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:52 am £1800 a lot for a car wash and couple hundred pounds of oils
On the flip side, took my Macan to Reading OPC for its MOT. Paid £55 and the car was washed & valeted.
Took my Macan to Protyre for an MOT. Paid £19.95, got a free coffee and pocketed £35.05 to buy ample home cleaning gear!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Vix

Post by Vix »

Might have to get mine done in Reading. I paid £55 for an MOT for my Boxster at Silverstone last month and all they did was rearrange the dirt!
I also had a vehicle inspection done prior to my current visit to Spain and now find that the a/c has packed up (temps here hitting 30) and have an auto start/stop unavailable warning light on. Meanwhile my new Macan S has turned up 3 weeks early!
Macan S - Gentian Blue (2024) - On order http://www.porsche-code.com/PRI2ZX68
981 Boxster S - Sapphire Blue (2015) - Keeper!
987 Boxster S - Grey (2010) - Sold
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Boyo wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:03 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:28 pm Mine's booked into Newport OPC on Monday for an oil change. Brand new facility , opened about a month ago, relocated from Cardiff, will be an interesting morning. Confirmation phone call yesterday with instructions - drive into the service tunnel where I will be met by the tech.
Could you let us know how you get on at their new premises in Newport. I am a Cardiff customer as well and my Cayman GTS 4.0 is due its first service in November.
Oil service at OPC this morning £410.44 , my previous MB was circa £350 every year, so not too bad. The new centre at Newport was impressive , drive straight into the large, covered , service reception area and park . Hand over the keys before the car is photographed for any any defects (better than insisting that someone checks my car over before handing over the keys) and then into the main showroom for some coffee and wait. Impressive showroom on two floors and after having a good look , and a sit , in a few of them decided that the Macan was the only car that I wanted irrespective of cost , must be getting old.
911, and Cayman too low , GT4 RS looked really uncomfortable.
Taycan not too low but the throttle was in the wrong place ????
Panamera comfortable but too big.
Cayenne too big, didn't even sit in one.
p.s Greggs was only about 100m away , nice bacon rolls. :)
a few pics

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

That looks like a very nice OPC 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I was just in for an oil change, impressive though it was it didn't really make much difference to the visit. On the other hand, if I was looking to buy a car then the variety of models/colours available would have been a really great experience.
As can be seen in the pictures 911's were ten a penny, one Macan with with a roof tent, a bike carrier, a dog cage and a child's seat and one Panamerra in Gold ?
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:13 pm I was just in for an oil change, impressive though it was it didn't really make much difference to the visit. On the other hand, if I was looking to buy a car then the variety of models/colours available would have been a really great experience.
As can be seen in the pictures 911's were ten a penny, one Macan with with a roof tent, a bike carrier, a dog cage and a child's seat and one Panamerra in Gold ?
The Macans will be out the back somewhere. Shiny new showrooms need to be filled with their top “icon” models, or at least that’s what the sales manager at the new Nottingham OPC told me last year… 🤷‍♂️
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:29 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:13 pm I was just in for an oil change, impressive though it was it didn't really make much difference to the visit. On the other hand, if I was looking to buy a car then the variety of models/colours available would have been a really great experience.
The Macans will be out the back somewhere. Shiny new showrooms need to be filled with their top “icon” models, or at least that’s what the sales manager at the new Nottingham OPC told me last year… 🤷‍♂️
Not sure about that logic. Given the quoters that have to be met I'd have thought they need to fill the showroom with Taycan's and Macan EVs when they get some ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Boyo

Post by Boyo »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:53 pm
Boyo wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:03 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:28 pm Mine's booked into Newport OPC on Monday for an oil change. Brand new facility , opened about a month ago, relocated from Cardiff, will be an interesting morning. Confirmation phone call yesterday with instructions - drive into the service tunnel where I will be met by the tech.
Could you let us know how you get on at their new premises in Newport. I am a Cardiff customer as well and my Cayman GTS 4.0 is due its first service in November.
Oil service at OPC this morning £410.44 , my previous MB was circa £350 every year, so not too bad. The new centre at Newport was impressive , drive straight into the large, covered , service reception area and park . Hand over the keys before the car is photographed for any any defects (better than insisting that someone checks my car over before handing over the keys) and then into the main showroom for some coffee and wait. Impressive showroom on two floors and after having a good look , and a sit , in a few of them decided that the Macan was the only car that I wanted irrespective of cost , must be getting old.
911, and Cayman too low , GT4 RS looked really uncomfortable.
Taycan not too low but the throttle was in the wrong place ????
Panamera comfortable but too big.
Cayenne too big, didn't even sit in one.
p.s Greggs was only about 100m away , nice bacon rolls. :)
a few picsIMG_3389.jpgIMG_3387.jpgIMG_3388.jpg
Many thanks for this - a big improvement on their previous premises in Cardiff. I have an invite to their official launch event next week so looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:29 pm
The SE I spoke to said they had some new Macans in stock so your comment might be right. No EV Macan until late summer.