M.I.B._More-Incredible-Bash

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
R1zla

Post by R1zla »

Anyone installed this ?

Been doing a lot of reading about this all week , and going to give it a `bash` hopefully on Sunday

Looks very interesting , and fairly straight forward ( if your technical minded)

Opens a few option ups , like Android Auto / Apple Carplay , Car Wifi , Update Maps ...

https://github.com/harman-f/MHI2_US_POG ... /tree/main ( Was wondering of anyone had used this version , this is what im thinking of flashing with)

:D

andywebber

Post by andywebber »

I have looked into it and had planned to 'have a go' with it this weekend actually, but I am now down in Cornwall instead.

It is obviously mainly biased towards Audi systems, but there is no doubt that the actual map data that Porsche PCM 4 and 5 units use is the same as certain Audi systems.

I will get onto it as I like the tech side of things but there is not not much information on MIB about Porsche cars really, but from what I have researched, it is definitely possible to use MIB for things like map updates and enabling of Android Auto on PCM 4 units but I can not find much information about PCM 5 units.

Please keep us updated as to your findings as I want to use MIB to update my PCM 5 navigation maps :)

Andrew
R1zla

Post by R1zla »

Ha Ha will do , weather pending this Sunday , as gonna hook up to a charger as supposed to when flashing.

I take it the US version (link above) will be same for UK , as cant find a UK version , only US and Chinese by looks of it. The above package is for Porsche (PCM 4.0) , ifi find anything for PCM 5 , ill post in this thread.

Darren
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

Yes, the U.,K. version will be the same as for the U.,S. and thanks for any interesting info that you can post :)
R1zla

Post by R1zla »

If you enter your firmware here :https://mib-helper.com/?train

it will tell you what software is available for PCM 5 @andywebber

(Although main/needed website seems to have been down for past several days as could not update mine at weekend :/ )
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

Great, thanks for the information. :)