Macan T

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
shambolic

Post by shambolic »

Tracky wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:15 pm I only got two a levels and they were Es

Still managed to afford the S over a T though! 😂
But this is the thing. The snide comments about affordability. I could have bought a new Macan GTS with everything on it cash. I chose not to, it wasn’t about not being able to afford the bigger engine, it was about what we actually wanted from a car. That’s why we added a bit more interior comfort like seats and extended leather and carbon etc. so it actually worked out dearer than an S anyway.
My wife doesn’t want to go from 0-60 in 4s and feel her face being pulled off accelerating. The T has more than ample performance for what it was bought for. Winter use and an occasional motorway drive from north of Glasgow to Cheshire as the MB wouldn’t be suitable.
We didn’t feel we had to buy the top spec or faster car just for a bit of Willy waving as the car we bought is perfect.
People make decisions that suit their own individual needs and wants and shouldn’t be denigrated for them.
I know a guy who stays in a mid terrace basic house but has a 3 yr old Lamborghini, that’s his choice. My neighbour has a £2mill house and a Targa GTS and a Range Rover both brand new. His missus loves cutting about in her wee mini.

crockers

Post by crockers »

Don’t let people get under your skin. When my T was on order I had plenty of gibes about it not being a true Porsche but just a badge to show off when I go shopping etc. o actually like the car very much. In hindsight I wish I’d specced the 18 way seats. The 8 way GTS seats are good but my longer legs needed a bit more under thigh support on long journeys. When I closed the spec I put another deposit down on a 2nd one as my man maths worked out I could flip them every 6-9 months at little cost. How wrong was.
Anyway I went into the dealership to cancel my order and get back my second deposit. That’s when we talked about an S and he showed me their demo with 720 miles on it.
He gave me the keys and I took it for a spin. Took it home and picked up the wife. She fell in love with the colour. I fell in love with the V6. The rest is history. I look at the spec of both cars as per my signature and. I cannot believe how much the prices are for both.
One thing I wish the S had was chrono. Other than that it came with things I wouldn’t have specced but love now.

So I really liked my T. I think it was a good looking car. I just prefer the S. it doesn’t drink that much more fuel - maybe because it doesn't need revving so hard and goes into 7th at a lower rev rate.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

shambolic wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:09 am
Tracky wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:15 pm I only got two a levels and they were Es

Still managed to afford the S over a T though! 😂
But this is the thing. The snide comments about affordability. I could have bought a new Macan GTS with everything on it cash. I chose not to, it wasn’t about not being able to afford the bigger engine, it was about what we actually wanted from a car. That’s why we added a bit more interior comfort like seats and extended leather and carbon etc. so it actually worked out dearer than an S anyway.
My wife doesn’t want to go from 0-60 in 4s and feel her face being pulled off accelerating. The T has more than ample performance for what it was bought for. Winter use and an occasional motorway drive from north of Glasgow to Cheshire as the MB wouldn’t be suitable.
We didn’t feel we had to buy the top spec or faster car just for a bit of Willy waving as the car we bought is perfect.
People make decisions that suit their own individual needs and wants and shouldn’t be denigrated for them.
I know a guy who stays in a mid terrace basic house but has a 3 yr old Lamborghini, that’s his choice. My neighbour has a £2mill house and a Targa GTS and a Range Rover both brand new. His missus loves cutting about in her wee mini.
Pinch and salt are probably the key words here

Are you new to forums
On order

GT4 RS (track toy)

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Loan T was fine to pootle about in, and that's all we all do anyway nowadays. In 7 months I only floored our S once and that was kinda scary. A 2 tonne leviathan picking up it's skirts for a mad dash. Not a good look, nor enjoyable, nor sonorous.
Glad to see the back of it. It's not a real Porsche, not a sports car, just a luxury bangle. And like Tesla drivers I kept worrying about the abysmal fuel economy. Our new, improved, SAV is averaging over 40.
Sour grapes? You bet. Lost more on the S than I did on an Aston in twice the length of ownership.
snipez999

Post by snipez999 »

Horses for courses. I'm coming from a supercharged 5L into a turbo'ed 2.9L, but am not particularly arrised about fuel economy. Perhaps that makes me willy man?!?
I just wanted something comparable to the SVR, but not as big, but still higher than a saloon.
Not sure I'd lose more when trading in the GTS after a year than I did when trading in my 6L V12 Aston DB9 after 6 months of ownership [from new] though, as that would mean net depreciation of more than 64%!
Lovely looking car but boy did nobody want it when it came to changing it (wasn't happy with the overall experience - too small, too adventurous when wet, lots going wrong with it, not really that fast after all). Bought a new Bentley Continental GTC V8S after that and that was a lovely car; all round better than the Aston in my book. Anyway, I digress........
Range Rover Sport SVR
Crayon GTS on order for Sept '24!
Porsche Code - now locked in - PSU3UQ71
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

simontm1959 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:58 pm I just wonder if I should stay a member of the forum only having a 'T'?

Not sure why ppl, who don't know other ppls circumstances/requirements, think it's acceptable to post some of their negative comments.

I was hoping this forum would be above that. Seems not.

It's not even a money issue for me, it's what my wife wanted!

I have a Boxster and 12 motorcycles, so I'm happy enough.

Any other 'T' owners have similar thoughts?
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info on here, so IMO, worth sticking around.

At the end of the day, all that matters is whether you like your T and it fits in with your requirements.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
2japs

Post by 2japs »

PJV997 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:00 pm
simontm1959 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:58 pm I just wonder if I should stay a member of the forum only having a 'T'?

Not sure why ppl, who don't know other ppls circumstances/requirements, think it's acceptable to post some of their negative comments.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info on here, so IMO, worth sticking around.

At the end of the day, all that matters is whether you like your T and it fits in with your requirements.
+1
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Everyones welcome.

A Base or a T may satisfy your requirements but they do not deliver the all round Porsche enjoyment for me.

A 2.0 litre engine will always struggle to move 1800kg of car, and for me it is the fact that the in gear acceleration, 30>50, 40>60 etc where the 2.0 litre fails to deliver any satisfaction at all.

A Porsche is more than quality, handling and performance it is about them providing an effortless engaging drive.

Having a Boxster and 12 motorcycles you have to know about vehicle engagement and there is no way you are going to achieve that in a Base or a T.

Hence I will always suggest to a newbie who asks to avoid the Base and T variants, to try them by all means but do drive them back to back against an S or a GTS.

Look at it another way, many here started with a Base or T and moved on to a V6 model and then indicated that they would not go back.

I am not aware of any member who has chosen to move from an S, a GTS or a Turbo to a Base or to a T. I for one never would.

Stay or Go, the choice is yours.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

In 2023 april wait time for a macan S was min. 18m.
Due to a baby arriving, I chose the base as they said it would come faster, which it did 10 months later.
Everybody has their reasoning for choosing a model, but its still a Porsche. Also everybody is in a different life phase with different on demand needs.

Just stick around…. The 944 also came in a 2.0. Nobody disregarded that as not worthy?

People who look down on other spec’s feel the need to do so and have not owned any other porsches except a version of the Macan.

All my friends with current high spec porsches GT3RS/992 Turbo/ GT4/ GT4RS are never dismissive about any “ lower”model of 911 porsche or even macans… Even if I prod them about it…
That being said they are all under 37 years old….. have a complete different life path then the one who try to look down on others.

Stick around mate forum is for all macans !
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

Monaco2323 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:28 am In 2023 april wait time for a macan S was min. 18m.
Due to a baby arriving, I chose the base as they said it would come faster, which it did 10 months later.
Everybody has their reasoning for choosing a model, but its still a Porsche. Also everybody is in a different life phase with different on demand needs.

Just stick around…. The 944 also came in a 2.0. Nobody disregarded that as not worthy?

People who look down on other spec’s feel the need to do so and have not owned any other porsches except a version of the Macan.

All my friends with current high spec porsches GT3RS/992 Turbo/ GT4/ GT4RS are never dismissive about any “ lower”model of 911 porsche or even macans… Even if I prod them about it…
That being said they are all under 37 years old….. have a complete different life path then the one who try to look down on others.

Stick around mate forum is for all macans !
+1
2023 Macan S