Macan T

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

neilj007 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:32 pm I think I have Col's perfect garage - base Macan and a Taycan...
Tha knows nowt !

Base Macan, is crap, well no its just the engine which is crap, it is just not powerful enough to haul around an 1800 kg car.

The last time I drove one was in the Lake District and it accelerated pretty well, mind you we were heading downhill from Raise to Grasmere, then going up The Struggle (yes that is what the road is called) from Ambleside to Kirkstone Pass really was hard going, my own Macan flies up The Struggle effortlessly.

As a Town Car, a shopping trolley, a school run shuttle the Base and T does the job and yes if it works for your needs then that is all that matters.

As for a Taycan, it really is a car I would be seen dead in.

Once inside I cannot get out of it, it is a useless skateboard of a car for me, as is a Boxster and a 911 as they are simply far to low to the ground and my decrepit old back now finds the driving position excruciating.

Ah such is life.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Pythongrün

Post by Pythongrün »

Had a Macan T for 14 months. Great car for some as others have said.

No need for hurty words.

For many they are just fine if you are not into spirited, progressive drive when conditions allow.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I ordered a Macan T in January 23 as that was all my budget would stretch to. As a result of the April 23 price rise I looked at used/ex demos and ended up buying an ex demo Macan S . Whilst the T might have satisfied my goal of owning a Porsche , I have to admit that after driving the "S" for over 12 months that the "T " would never have been the Porsche that would put a smile on my face every time I drove it.
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

Apologies if I got over excited with my description of the 2l haters! Just encourage new OPs asking the question about engine size to drive the 2l and V6 back to back and decide for themselves. Don’t ostracise 2l owners!!!
Porsche do a fantastic job of building in driver engagement into their products which the Base and T have, even without being rapid.
A case in point is my wife’s new RS3. It would blow away any version of Macan in a drag race on a UK B road but has no driver feedback and therefore no enjoyment to me whatsoever …now if Porsche got hold of it…. 🥳
2023 Macan S
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

IPKnightly2 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:20 am A case in point is my wife’s new RS3. It would blow away any version of Macan in a drag race on a UK B road but has no driver feedback and therefore no enjoyment to me whatsoever …now if Porsche got hold of it…. 🥳
Porsche did OK with the RS2 but still couldn't fix the handling/ driver involvement.

Back to the Base/ T...I had a base for 4 years before my GTS and I definitely wouldn't say it was crap! I liked it alot and used it for alot more than just schools runs and shopping (daft comment). It was rather gutless for overtaking etc but it always felt pretty nippy on a quick blast and when accelerating from the lights. Handling was very good for what it is (I had PASM)

Lowered stance on the T is nice and maybe the handling is even better than the base.

It was also a great place to sit - obviously pretty similar to any Macan.

Wouldn't go back though having got the GTS now!
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

IPKnightly2 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:20 am Apologies if I got over excited with my description of the 2l haters! Just encourage new OPs asking the question about engine size to drive the 2l and V6 back to back and decide for themselves. Don’t ostracise 2l owners!!!
Porsche do a fantastic job of building in driver engagement into their products which the Base and T have, even without being rapid.
A case in point is my wife’s new RS3. It would blow away any version of Macan in a drag race on a UK B road but has no driver feedback and therefore no enjoyment to me whatsoever …now if Porsche got hold of it…. 🥳
Should have made clear wife’s car is an Audi RS3 not a 911!!!
2023 Macan S
GPRS1942

Post by GPRS1942 »

would these aggressive and rude comments about a T be made face to face with the owners. i doubt it as most bullies do not have the bottle, sad to see these on a forum where i assumed the members have more than one O Level.
December 2021 Macan S in Crayon
2015 Macan SD
andreas

Post by andreas »

GPRS1942 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:24 pm would these aggressive and rude comments about a T be made face to face with the owners. i doubt it as most bullies do not have the bottle, sad to see these on a forum where i assumed the members have more than one O Level.
I haven't seen any "aggressive and rude" comments here. I've seen comments from people who've bought 2.0 litre Macans, who unsurprisingly have said how pleased they've been with their decision. And I've seen comments from people who are more familiar with 2.9/3.0 litre Macans (the engines the car was originally designed around), who feel the 2.0 litre engine isn't up to delivering the Porsche driving experience overall. I've said how very disappointing I found the 2.0 litre loaner I had, although I only drove it about 150 miles. I'd say the same face-to-face with an owner, and I'm certainly not a bully. As for O levels, I've only got 12, and 5 A levels, and a degree in engineering, all gained at a time when these qualifications actually meant something.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I only got two a levels and they were Es

Still managed to afford the S over a T though! 😂
On order

GT4 RS (track toy)

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Tracky wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:15 pm I only got two a levels and they were Es

Still managed to afford the S over a T though! 😂

Yikes lol
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94