Macan T

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
simontm1959

Post by simontm1959 »

I just wonder if I should stay a member of the forum only having a 'T'?

Not sure why ppl, who don't know other ppls circumstances/requirements, think it's acceptable to post some of their negative comments.

I was hoping this forum would be above that. Seems not.

It's not even a money issue for me, it's what my wife wanted!

I have a Boxster and 12 motorcycles, so I'm happy enough.

Any other 'T' owners have similar thoughts?

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I have always thought that "Porsche do not sell slow or dull cars" so we should all be welcome :D :D :D

The diesel Macan ( which was by far the most popular Macan model ) used to get a lot of abuse on here too unfortunately.

I have never actually driven the Macan T but we have an Audi TT which I believe has the same (or similar) engine and I think it is a great engine :D :D
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

simontm1959 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:58 pm I just wonder if I should stay a member of the forum only having a 'T'?

Not sure why ppl, who don't know other ppls circumstances/requirements, think it's acceptable to post some of their negative comments.

I drive an S because I wanted to own a V6 for the first time and I love its performance. However, the T is most defintely a lovely car and performance is not just about the 0-60, it's handling and ride quality too which is shared across the Macan range.

The forum needs Macan owners that can represent every model ;) Some owners can be a little more passionate than others so don't be put off :)
Macan S MY 2023
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

simontm1959 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:58 pm I just wonder if I should stay a member of the forum only having a 'T'?

Welcome! :)

I had a 2.0 Macan back in 2016 and even then, there were a small number of forum contributors who were pretty dismissive of the ‘base’ Macan.

A Porsche is a Porsche. The T is a mid-sized SUV capable of a 5.3 second 0-60.

When I was a teenager, that was pretty much super car performance!

Please do stick around, and rise above the occasional negative comment.

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
shambolic

Post by shambolic »

Bought a T for my missus as she didn’t want or need mental performance. Had a straight six in her Z4 a few years ago so that itch has been scratched.
She also has An SLC300 which is just slightly quicker to 60 but isn’t as comfy over the bumps and is useless for her 270mile commute to Alderley Edge in the winter.
She loves the T interior and ride and the performance is ample for what she wants and needs. Was bought specifically for the winter commute mentioned above.
TBH I have driven it a couple of times and it’s no slouch. It feels quicker than the stated figures.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

shambolic wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:23 pm Bought a T for my missus as she didn’t want or need mental performance. Had a straight six in her Z4 a few years ago so that itch has been scratched.
She also has An SLC300 which is just slightly quicker to 60 but isn’t as comfy over the bumps and is useless for her 270mile commute to Alderley Edge in the winter.
She loves the T interior and ride and the performance is ample for what she wants and needs. Was bought specifically for the winter commute mentioned above.
TBH I have driven it a couple of times and it’s no slouch. It feels quicker than the stated figures.
Yep, Porsche are usually conservative when publishing their power & performance figures. Plus, some keen drivers say it can be more fun to drive slightly lesser powered car at nine tenths, rather than only exploit a fraction of what a more powerful model can do. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

The forum needs Macan owners that can represent every model ;) Some owners can be a little more passionate than others so don't be put off :)
[/quote]

Very true :D :D :D
Iceicebaby

Post by Iceicebaby »

I couldn’t agree more. Even though I have a GTS myself I wouldn’t dream of mocking someone who decides to buy a base or T. Not everyone sees performance as a top priority.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

All are welcome, except those with bright green or yellow cars. Obs 😉
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

I think I have Col's perfect garage - base Macan and a Taycan...
Macan
Taycan Turbo