speed sensor

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

why not get your local garage to fit them? less than £30 each from porsche

Cerec1

Post by Cerec1 »

We’ve exactly the same fault a week ago with our 2017 GTS. Both Porsche Assist, the AA and our local OPC said it’s safe to drive. We’ve done probably 300 miles since, yes the warning lights flash up but it drives ok. Traction control isn’t great in the wet but it’s OK. The gearbox failure light has come on 3 times but switching the ignition of and on again clears the issue.
New sensor being fitted this coming Friday.
dlgis

Post by dlgis »

The car will drive fine, but be aware that your ABS and traction control won’t work and for what it’s worth neither will cruise control. At least that’s how it works on other cars, I haven’t replaced one on the Macan. I use a ThinkDiag diagnostics OBD port plug to tell me which sensor isn’t working.
Darryl
Macan GTS 2023
Cerec1

Post by Cerec1 »

dlgis wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:18 am The car will drive fine, but be aware that your ABS and traction control won’t work and for what it’s worth neither will cruise control. At least that’s how it works on other cars, I haven’t replaced one on the Macan. I use a ThinkDiag diagnostics OBD port plug to tell me which sensor isn’t working.
Sport and Sport plus can’t be engaged either. Auto stop/start also won’t work. Claims a parking brake fault as well but it engages ok.
dlgis

Post by dlgis »

Cerec1 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:54 am Auto stop/start also won’t work.
Every cloud has a silver lining 😆
Darryl
Macan GTS 2023
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

I had this after a very wet French trip 2 weeks ago.
My OPC said they couldn't touch it for 5 weeks and no courtesy car available.
Told me I should call Porsche Assist as the best route to get action and a car.
AA were out within 30 minutes, diagnosed as a wheel sensor but safe to drive to the OPC. He would follow me, bring me home and have an Enterprise car delivered.
By the time we had arrived at the OPC they had a Porsche Assist Macan there, so I just left with that.
I was looking forward to a couple of days running around in the a Macan T as they said they have 72 hours to diagnose fault.
By the afternoon I had a call, they had changed all 4 sensors as that is standard practice.

Got my car back same day, the only shame being I didn't have enough time to play with the T.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

dlgis wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:18 am The car will drive fine, but be aware that your ABS and traction control won’t work and for what it’s worth neither will cruise control. At least that’s how it works on other cars, I haven’t replaced one on the Macan. I use a ThinkDiag diagnostics OBD port plug to tell me which sensor isn’t working.
Mine was very dangerous to drive. Pulling out from a junction or onto a roundabout it would sometimes just limp out on minimum drive.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
cliverb

Post by cliverb »

Last week I had the flashing lights on the dashboard which indicated a speed sensor had failed. I don't have a scanner so wasn't able to confirm which sensor was faulty, but as my car is almost 10 years old and it seemed a pretty straightforward DIY job I thought I might as well replace all four. I bought 4 OEM ATE sensors and managed to replace the first 3 without incident. However when I came to do the 4th (rear left) sensor the allen key spun, rounding off the socket in the screw. No matter what I tried I couldn't shift it so in the end I gave up and put the car back together with only 3 new sensors fitted. I then took it for a test drive up the road and back and all the lights went out, so I assumed I had replaced the faulty one and the 4th sensor could wait until another day. However when I went to use the car the next day within about half a mile the dash lit up with flashing lights again, so I took it home and used my other car. Today I had another look at the rounded socket head screw but still couldn't shift it. I went out for another drive ( a few miles this time) and all lights have gone out again! I'm wondering if after replacing the 3 sensors I need to clear the error codes? I have now ordered a scanner which will arrive in a few days.
2014 Macan S in Agate Grey with Espresso leather interior
2005 Audi S4 Cabriolet in Sprint Blue with Silver leather interior
2019 Triumph Speed Twin 1200 Jet Black
snipez999

Post by snipez999 »

That and either - depending on your general level of confidence and accessibility to the part - try to cut a slot in the top of the rounded screw to then insert a regular screwdriver (dremel tool or hacksaw or hammer & screwdriver for the job). You'd need to replace the Allen bolt afterwards of course. Or take it to an Indy to do both jobs? It's not too much of a ballache for the latter to do. Importantly, you had a go though :-)
Range Rover Sport SVR
Crayon GTS on order for Sept '24!
Porsche Code - now locked in - PSU3UQ71
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

you need to change the last one