Does buying a new Macan make sense now?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

What tech are you missing? Changing temperature through the infotainment screen? Fully digital dash? 452 colours for the interior lights?

The Macan is the best drivers car in its class. While some most of the buttons are now haptic (on the centre console) it still has buttons on the steering wheel and blends digital dash with digital dials perfectly. I hate fully digital dashboards. The tech ages fast.

If you want all the tech, go buy a Tesla. It can fart too !

If you want the best drivers car in its class, but the Macan. With the ICE version in its last year, it’s also a great time to buy if EV’s aren’t your thing, or just not practical.

An Audi has far more cheap black plastic and scratchy surfaces inside.

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Marc5555 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:25 pm I test drove a Macan GTS and it felt a great place to be, but couldn't help but feel it's lacking in tech compared to my 7 year old Audi, let alone the newest ones available.
I cannot think of any useful tech that my Macan GTS is missing. I'd argue it already has too much - I'm someone that switches off the central display when driving. What does the Macan need that it doesn't already have?
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

PaulR wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:22 pm
Marc5555 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:25 pm I test drove a Macan GTS and it felt a great place to be, but couldn't help but feel it's lacking in tech compared to my 7 year old Audi, let alone the newest ones available.
I cannot think of any useful tech that my Macan GTS is missing. I'd argue it already has too much - I'm someone that switches off the central display when driving. What does the Macan need that it doesn't already have?
Not that any car “needs” it but…
Matrix lights
HD surround view
HUD
up to date adaptive cruise that is more than radar
Auto speed limit control
Etc etc. - well you did ask… 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I was talking with a recent Tesla owner last week and whilst he's reasonably happy with it , there's one major gripe - auto wipers. Apparently Mr Musk insists on not using old tech, so the auto wipe works off the front camera and there's no telling when or if it clears the windscreen.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Jon A wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 pm
Matrix lights
HD surround view
HUD
Auto speed limit control
If I was speccing a Macan , the above would definitely not be on my list.
Yorkshire Mac

Post by Yorkshire Mac »

I went through the same thought process before ordering my Macan GTS. I too am moving from an Audi (SQ5). My new car is a step “backwards in terms of chassis generation but it really isn’t. It takes 5 mins driving the Macan to realise the Porsche is something completely different.

I used to have all the connectivity on my Audi and thought it was great. I didn’t then renew the subscription when it expired and have not missed it in the slightest. Having had the Audi vision dash, again this is pointless - I have had the same setting (central rev counter - I wonder why I chose that!) from day 1 and never change it. All the other options are just never used. I am actually really looking forward to having a couple of regular dials again - something pure and classic about them.

As others have mentioned, for me it is all about the driving and screens and connection to your phone add nothing to this.
Arriving in June, all being well. Slightly tweaked to now include Bose - https://configurator.porsche.com/en-GB/ ... m=PS4LXHU0
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:43 pm

Matrix lights
HD surround view
HUD
Auto speed limit control
Most £70k plus cars you wouldn’t need to spec them 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Jon A wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:46 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:43 pm
Matrix lights
HD surround view
HUD
Auto speed limit control
Most £70k plus cars you wouldn’t need to spec them 😂
Agreed, but I don't want any other £70k plus car, I wanted the Macan. As in a previous post my wife's car cost circa £26k new and comes with surround camera , adaptive cruise, heated windscreen, lane change assist, blind spot monitoring , auto dim mirrors and speed limit warning as standard , I don't want a Juke either. :) :)
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

The only thing I wish it had was a higher res and more modern surround view parking system.

For the newer 3D visualisation systems are very good. I'd like a better night vision view also.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Plyphon wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:51 pm The only thing I wish it had was a higher res and more modern surround view parking system.

For the newer 3D visualisation systems are very good. I'd like a better night vision view also.
But how would it make your parking any better? Ever since I've relyed on automated systems my parking's got worse!
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7