FCA suspends GAP ins sales

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 pm
AndyC160 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm Porsche pcp is something like 11%, Audi is typically 8%ish and VW less...all different but all with VW finance. How does that work?
It's called capitalism, charging what the market will bear!
Yeah I get that...my comment was a bit flippant.

Porsche rates have always been higher. Previously only by about a % or so but recently over the last year or so they have got alot higher.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

andreas wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm I've seen all the news about these mis-selling claims but can't understand how they were mis-sold. Was there somebody holding a gun to the customers' heads to get them to sign ?????
It's a case of non-disclosure of the big commissions being paid to the sales people.
That's like suing Sainsburys because their milk is more expensive than Aldi ,
Can I sue Porsche for the non disclosure of the excess profit they made on my Macan ????
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

deleted
Last edited by Scooby_Doo on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Deleted
crockers

Post by crockers »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm I've seen all the news about these mis-selling claims but can't understand how they were mis-sold. Was there somebody holding a gun to the customers' heads to get them to sign ?????
It's a case of non-disclosure of the big commissions being paid to the sales people.
Can I sue Porsche for the non disclosure of the excess profit they made on my Macan ????
😄

Disclosure is "if you pay £y for Gap the dealer receives £x". Would that influence your decision? If so then by not disclosing the commission they have miss sold the product as you were not in possession of all the facts before making your decision.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

crockers wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm

😄

Disclosure is "if you pay £y for Gap the dealer receives £x". Would that influence your decision? If so then by not disclosing the commission they have miss sold the product as you were not in possession of all the facts before making your decision.
Like I asked - can I sue my OPC for not disclosing the commission that they paid the salesperson ? Nobody was forced to buy GAP insurance, they must have been OK with whatever price they paid otherwise they would have refused to buy it.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am
Scooby_Doo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm That's like suing Sainsburys because their milk is more expensive than Aldi ,
😄

Like I asked - can I sue my OPC for not disclosing the commission that they paid the salesperson ? Nobody was forced to buy GAP insurance, they must have been OK with whatever price they paid otherwise they would have refused to buy it.
Different laws/rules apply to different products.

Financial services products, including various insurances, have a legal requirement to disclose charges & commission etc.

I work in this field. All charges must be fully disclosed upfront to the potential purchaser.

With insurances, it’s a legal requirement to disclose how much commission is paid to the selling/advising company, if the product is subsequently purchased.

I do get your point though, and have previously said to clients “A garage doesn’t tell you how much profit they’re making on the car they’re selling you, but we do fully disclose all charges and/or commissions relating to this financial product!” :geek:

On GAP insurance, would a customer think twice if the SE said for example “75% of this premium for GAP insurance is paid as commission to me/the Porsche Centre”? Would the customer be prompted to maybe shop around…? 🤔
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am

😄

Financial services products, including various insurances, have a legal requirement to disclose charges & commission etc.

I work in this field. All charges must be fully disclosed upfront to the potential purchaser.

With insurances, it’s a legal requirement to disclose how much commission is paid to the selling/advising company, if the product is subsequently purchased.

I do get your point though, and have previously said to clients “A garage doesn’t tell you how much profit they’re making on the car they’re selling you, but we do fully disclose all charges and/or commissions relating to this financial product!” :geek:

On GAP insurance, would a customer think twice if the SE said for example “75% of this premium for GAP insurance is paid as commission to me/the Porsche Centre”? Would the customer be prompted to maybe shop around…? 🤔
Thanks for the explanation, still think it's a load of bull. I always assumed it was " Caveat Emptor".
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 am
Wing Commander wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am

Thanks for the explanation, still think it's a load of bull. I always assumed it was " Caveat Emptor".
It was until the American thing of suing all and sundry came in vogue.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm That's like suing Sainsburys because their milk is more expensive than Aldi ,
😄

+1. I have to agree with this sentiment that the buyer must take some responsibility despite the clear explanation from Simon.

You get a price presented for PCP and the buyer should understand PCP is a method of financing and be sensible enough to consider/shop around their finance options. Especially as a car is most people’s 2nd largest purchase.

I also think some of these compensation payments are way out of line with the true loss suffered by the consumer. I benefitted on one occasion, can’t remember the exact details but I bought a new M3 saloon in 2009 and used BMW finance. There had been a change in regulations and I think BMW finance only sent me an annual loan statement instead of a 6 monthly statement. A year or so after I had changed the car, I got a letter from BMW explaining their error with a cheque to repay ALL of the interest I had paid on the loan agreement that was approaching £5K. I didn’t know anything about it and suffered no loss at all and whilst the cheque was nice to receive, the compensation didn’t fit the ‘crime’.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo