Porsche Centre Bristol - Opinions / Experience Please

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 5952

Post by Deleted User 5952 »

Hi There,

Just a general enquiry with regards to the Dick Lovett Porsche Centre in Bristol - what are peoples experiences on the whole please?

I am looking at a 2019 Macan S that they have on sale for 47K, which looks well spec'd and is also my preferrred colour of Sapphire Blue!!

I have done a motorcheck report and it says that the car was 48K brand new in 2019, but is selling now for 47K - blimey !!

I keep on looking at cars and putting it off and then keep changing my budget - it was 40K initially and now it is 50K and then I think umm I could get brand new for another 10-15K :)

I am based in the Midlands so it is a bit of a trek down to Bristol but I think that I might do it this weekend as I really like the look of this car!

Thanks
Last edited by Deleted User 5952 on Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Karen,

I know that Nick on here has dealt with Bristol.

I’ve dealt mostly with Swindon and Tewkesbury (same group) but popped over to Bristol to look at and try out a 911 a while back & they were most helpful. :)

I’ve found the Dick Lovett group overall to be pretty good to deal with. 👍
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

I bought my Macan from them, am based in London. Paid a deposit over the phone to 'hold' the car after negotiation a small discount and get a few small things thrown in. Drove there, test drove the car, pointed our a small fix (cant remember what it was now) then went back 10 days later to pick it up, my experience with them was faultless. If your not already engaged with a sales exe then ask for Euan Campbell.
Deleted User 5952

Great, thanks for the information guys. I will give them a ring later today think. :)
robbie

Post by robbie »

karenbt wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:16 pm I have done a motorcheck report and it says that the car was 48K brand new in 2019, but is selling now for 47K - blimey !!
Hi Karen, I don't think your Motorcheck new price can be correct, back in December 2018 my basic 2.0L list price was £46,344 and that's before you add any options, so an 2019 Macan S list price without options would have been a lot more than £48k, I doubt you are looking at a 2019 'S' without the first owner having purchased a list of options. I would just check that again.
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
Deleted User 5952

robbie wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:48 pm
karenbt wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:16 pm I have done a motorcheck report and it says that the car was 48K brand new in 2019, but is selling now for 47K - blimey !!
Hi Karen, I don't think your Motorcheck new price can be correct, back in December 2018 my basic 2.0L list price was £46,344 and that's before you add any options, so an 2019 Macan S list price without options would have been a lot more than £48k, I doubt you are looking at a 2019 'S' without the first owner having purchased a list of options. I would just check that again.
Yes I must admit I was surprised by the new cost price and the car doe shave a lot of options. Not sure how much this motorcheck report was worth really (it was just a basic report) as most of the information is available for nothing with a bit of research

Thanks for the information
robbie

Post by robbie »

Hi again, I would think the OPC in Bristol could probably tell you the list price new, they can certainly provide you with a list/cost of all the options fitted. Bristol OPC is in the same Dick Lovett group as our local OPC further up the M5 in Tewkesbury, you could probably ask them to move this car to their Tewkesbury dealership for you to view/test drive if you ask them, would save you c.70miles if you are coming down the M5!! But as Simon above has already said I've been dealing with them since late 2018 and they have always provided a first class experience 'so far'
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
crockers

Post by crockers »

I deal with their Swindon Branch. Very helpful. Dick Lovett Group have quite a good reputation.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Does the list price new really matter? How does the price compare with others for sale around the same year, miles and spec. If it looks in line with others then that’s its market price so should be fine.

And Sapphire Blue is an amazing colour so definitely that is a big plus.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

karenbt wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:35 pm Great, thanks for the information guys. I will give them a ring later today think. :)
That is a November 2019 registered “S” and looking at the spec i think it would have been around £60k new, possibly a little more. Get them to give you a print out of the original detail. The price for a Porsche centre looks okay, though I would still push for a reduction, always managed in the past especially with used. Re Dick Lovett, never used Bristol but use three of their other dealerships today and have been a customer for some three decades with several brands, always been well looked after. Would hope Bristol would be no different.

P.S. Match the spec as closely to a new model today, comes out over £71k
Last edited by MikeM on Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6