Comfort access stopped working

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

My comfort access (where the seat goes back when you take the key out of the car) has suddenly stopped working. I have checked i have a tick under car settings - locks in the cluster, but no movement. Anyone else experienced this?

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Yes. Just went through the seat reposition / set routine and it came back.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:01 pm Yes. Just went through the seat reposition / set routine and it came back.
Thanks, just done the same and now working.
pmg

Post by pmg »

HertsMacan wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:50 pm My comfort access (where the seat goes back when you take the key out of the car) has suddenly stopped working. I have checked i have a tick under car settings - locks in the cluster, but no movement. Anyone else experienced this?
How was your battery charge? If the car goes into battery protection mode, comfort access can cease
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Mine lost pretty much all of the personal settings a couple of weeks ago. Realised today on a trip into London that the traffic alerts have also disappeared :roll:
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
boer13

Post by boer13 »

pmg wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:11 pm How was your battery charge? If the car goes into battery protection mode, comfort access can cease
Indeed. During the cold weather spell in January I had the same problem on the '16 plate but it's now OK again (without me having done anything about the situation). The low V warning popped up once or twice, but way less frequently than the seat not travelling forward. Mine probably still runs on the original factory fitted battery, and my take is that this unit will need replacement no later than next winter.

Switch on the battery V indicator (on the screen in the instrument cluster where the water and oil temp is displayed) if you can't see it there. I turn the ignition 1/2 way in the mornings, watch the V drop to ca. 11.2V before it starts to tick up again, and then I start the engine. Over time this 'marker' will drop further. (Battery power is more complex than just V but it may help my understanding to bond in this way :D )
'17 sd | agate grey & black | 20" | bi-xenon & pdls | pasm | adaptive cc | ldw |
'16 sd | sapphire blue & agate+pebble grey | 20" | bi-xenon & pdls | pasm | adaptive cc | ldw |
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

boer13 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:27 pm
pmg wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:11 pm How was your battery charge? If the car goes into battery protection mode, comfort access can cease
Indeed. During the cold weather spell in January I had the same problem on the '16 plate but it's now OK again (without me having done anything about the situation). The low V warning popped up once or twice, but way less frequently than the seat not travelling forward. Mine probably still runs on the original factory fitted battery, and my take is that this unit will need replacement no later than next winter.

Switch on the battery V indicator (on the screen in the instrument cluster where the water and oil temp is displayed) if you can't see it there. I turn the ignition 1/2 way in the mornings, watch the V drop to ca. 11.2V before it starts to tick up again, and then I start the engine. Over time this 'marker' will drop further.
Not necessarily. The battery protection process will do its best to maintain voltage by progressively switching off non essential loads to keep enough power available to start the engine, regardless of whether the ignition is on or off.

You're correct that you could be on borrowed time with a battery of this age. You could help it along by using a battery maintainer, eg CETEK, if the car does not get decent daily runs.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
boer13

Post by boer13 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:00 am Not necessarily. The battery protection process will do its best to maintain voltage by progressively switching off non essential loads to keep enough power available to start the engine, regardless of whether the ignition is on or off.

You're correct that you could be on borrowed time with a battery of this age. You could help it along by using a battery maintainer, eg CETEK, if the car does not get decent daily runs.
The car is used on daily basis, will hit 100k this week.
(I don't think we disagree at all. I understand the battery protection process, and was explaining my own consistent process for observing the battery serve it's last few months. As soon as you switch on the ignition, the battery start charging and you can no longer see the V that was available to swing the engine.)
'17 sd | agate grey & black | 20" | bi-xenon & pdls | pasm | adaptive cc | ldw |
'16 sd | sapphire blue & agate+pebble grey | 20" | bi-xenon & pdls | pasm | adaptive cc | ldw |
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I've got comfort entry , and when I picked up my car it worked . It's never worked since and I haven't bothered trying to reset it. Time on my hands this morning and looked at the digital handbook , comfort entry does not appear on my settings menu. Any ideas ?
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:56 am I've got comfort entry , and when I picked up my car it worked . It's never worked since and I haven't bothered trying to reset it. Time on my hands this morning and looked at the digital handbook , comfort entry does not appear on my settings menu. Any ideas ?
If I recall, my OPC had to activate the comfort entry setting when I collected my new car last year…..perhaps worth asking your OPC?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon