Gen 1 to Gen 3 differences

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
andreas

Post by andreas »

DJMCUK wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:32 am

Until you get THAT software update I understand.
You can decline the update.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

andreas wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:12 am
DJMCUK wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:32 am

Until you get THAT software update I understand.
You can decline the update.
Good news, but then what else do you miss? Or can you select items to reject as with a computer update?
andreas

Post by andreas »

DJMCUK wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:53 pm

Good news, but then what else do you miss? Or can you select items to reject as with a computer update?
The update which removed auto coasting was an engine management update, reference ANB5. I don't think you're missing anything by declining the update. Generally speaking, you can't pick and choose which bits of an update to have.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

I was told by my OPC that I would be unable to renew my Porsche extended warranty, if the updates had not been done.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Toddie wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:16 pm I was told by my OPC that I would be unable to renew my Porsche extended warranty, if the updates had not been done.
The Porsche customer experience is quite unique! When they're failing to meet their EV targets, there's a slim chance that OPCs might become just a little more considerate.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

It will be a long time before anyone on this forum has a Gen 3 Macan!!!

Gen 1 Macan
- Macan I
- Macan II - first facelift
- Macan III - second facelift

Gen 2 Macan
- Macan EV
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

PaulR wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:48 pm It will be a long time before anyone on this forum has a Gen 3 Macan!!!

Gen 1 Macan
- Macan I

Gen 2 Macan
- Macan EV
You’re spot on Paul, but you may have disturbed a hornet’s nest! :lol:
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:46 pm
PaulR wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:48 pm It will be a long time before anyone on this forum has a Gen 3 Macan!!!

Gen 1 Macan
- Macan I

Gen 2 Macan
- Macan EV
You’re spot on Paul, but you may have disturbed a hornet’s nest! :lol:
Technically correct but pedantic in the extreme 😂
Most, if not all folks understand what is meant by the different gens, so probably best to keep things as they are… 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Gen 1 Macan
- Macan I

Gen 2 Macan
- Macan EV
No, not quite right.

My Gen2 S is apparently a "Generation H1 II" as per the Porsche used car finder (screenshot below).
Could I be allowed in future to abbreviate this to GenH1II" please?

The new EV Macan would therefor be a "Generation H2 I", or GenH2I for short, yes?

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 22.25.59.png

Deucedeuce

Post by Deucedeuce »

[/quote]

Congrats on the new Macan! :)

Once you have had a chance to get to know the Gen III, I’d like to hear your view on pros and cons between the two. (I love the Gen I.)

Cheers!
[/quote]

Thank you.

I did 150 miles or so yesterday in the new Macan so can report a few initial thoughts. My wife and dog were in the car so was taking it pretty easy so no idea how Sport plus is or how PTV helps (or not) on the bends.

1. Noise. As expected, much quieter in terms of engine noise.

2. Performance. Actually feels a little slower in ‘normal’ mode than the original GTS but this may be in my head (because it’s quieter maybe?) or maybe because it’s only on about 1k miles and needs to loosen up a bit. Sport seemed similar but wouldn’t say it was noticeably quicker.

3. Tech. I use Apple CarPlay and had it on the first GTS so like the wireless improvement but in terms of functionality it’s pretty much the same. I had previously had a Gen 3 (or Gen 2.1 or whatever…) as a loaner so knew what to expect but I think Porsche really should have moved the tech on much more over the model update years.

4. Economy. Seemed to get almost 10% better economy than I would have expected from the old car (based on yesterday’s trip only).

Whilst I really like the car, I’m not sure a nearly new GTS or worth the significant premium over a high specced well maintained Gen 1 GTS - We changed primarily because my wife never liked the colour combo of our old Macan.

We’re heading to the Highlands next month so will report back after that.

IMG_6436.jpeg

IMG_7413.jpeg