Theft Incident - Need Advice on Auto-Lock Feature

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Armin

Post by Armin »

Hi everyone

Last night, someone managed to open the door of my Porsche Macan, which was parked in my driveway, and stole a few items from it. After reviewing the security footage, it appears that the car door might have been left unlocked (notably, the mirrors weren't folded), or the thief had a way to bypass the lock.

I was under the impression that the doors of the Macan would automatically lock after being stationary for a few minutes. However, this incident revealed that my car remained unlocked from Saturday to Wednesday. This has raised a crucial question in my mind: does the Porsche Macan come with an auto-lock feature? And if so, how can I activate it?

here is a link to video if you cant see it i can upload on another server

Previous car:
Merc E class AMG coupe

Current
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPVXGZW7
BMW Z4 3.0l straight 6

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

No it doesn’t! - I was amazed when I researched this last year.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
andreas

Post by andreas »

As I understand it, if you unlock the car but don't open a door or the tailgate, the car will automatically lock itself after a short delay. But if you just park it and get out, it won't automatically lock.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The scumbag did not seem to activate unlock via a device, they just looked and opened the door.

I notice that the Beamer alarm was flashing and he still tried to open its door but no alarm started so you may want to check that out.

Do check these points for your Macan.

One press of the Lock button on the key locks the car and activates the alarm.

Two presses of the Lock button locks the car but deactivates the alarm movement sensor inside the car.

Look in the Menu systems to see if the Alarm Movement Sensor is off or on by default, not sure about this but seem to think it was there.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

andreas wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:50 pm As I understand it, if you unlock the car but don't open a door or the tailgate, the car will automatically lock itself after a short delay. But if you just park it and get out, it won't automatically lock.
Correct.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Using the MyPorsche App, you can check (remotely) from anywhere to see if your car is locked. White tick in the green circle by vehicle symbol = locked. Red = unlocked.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Unless you've disabled mirrors folding on locking in the PCM then the car was almost certainly unlocked. Personally, I not only check that the mirrors have folded but also that the LED in the driver's door is flashing.

I've never experienced a car just locking itself after being shut down. Do some cars with "keyless go" do this when you walk away?
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Screenshot_20240117_170827_My Porsche.jpg

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:11 pm Using the MyPorsche App, you can check (remotely) from anywhere to see if your car is locked. White tick in the green circle by vehicle symbol = locked. Red = unlocked.
If you believe it. I found this really unreliable. I always check for the flashing red LED
Macan S MY 2023
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Skyway wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:09 pm
SAC1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:11 pm Using the MyPorsche App, you can check (remotely) from anywhere to see if your car is locked. White tick in the green circle by vehicle symbol = locked. Red = unlocked.
If you believe it. I found this really unreliable. I always check for the flashing red LED
Never failed for me. In fact finding it unlocked occasionally, using the App, has been a Macan saver! :o :roll:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver