Theft Incident - Need Advice on Auto-Lock Feature

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

wab172uk wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:48 am
Skyway wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:59 pm
SAC1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:24 pm

Never failed for me. In fact finding it unlocked occasionally, using the App, has been a Macan saver! :o :roll:
Mine often did the opposite. Told me the car was unlocked only to walk all the way back and find it locked 🤨
The only one time I’ve actually looked at the app, it told me my car was unlocked too.

Went outside, door mirrors folded in, pull on handle, locked. Waste of time.

Never looked at the app since.
Are you sure it was properly locked? The app should tell you which part of the car it detects as not locked. On the car, the flashing red LED light inside the door indicates that everything is locked, and if, say, the bonnet isn’t fully shut (it takes some force to properly shut the bonnet) or a passenger door is not properly shut then the LED light won’t flash. The wing mirrors will still fold in and the headlights will light up, but the car still isn’t locked properly. I always check for the flashing red LED light to be sure the car is locked.

I haven’t experienced erroneous readings with my MyPorsche app so far, but it does take some time to connect to the car and give correct data.

2japs

Post by 2japs »

MikeM wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:15 pm
2japs wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:15 pm
bennachie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:17 pm Many moons ago I never locked my convertible MGB. Never left anything in it. The theory was if there is nothing in it and it is 'open' 'they' wont slash the roof to get in.

It was different times though in '75/'76
Had my MGB at the same time, the summer of 76 was great😎 the top was never up for about 4 months!
76…😎 My sister had a MGB and I had a VW van, we lived on the coast, that year mine was more fun 🥳😍
👍 I had a lot of fun in the MG too… couldn’t do it now tho….🤣🤣
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Moriarty wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:42 am

Mine often did the opposite. Told me the car was unlocked only to walk all the way back and find it locked 🤨
The only one time I’ve actually looked at the app, it told me my car was unlocked too.

Are you sure it was properly locked? The app should tell you which part of the car it detects as not locked. On the car, the flashing red LED light inside the door indicates that everything is locked, and if, say, the bonnet isn’t fully shut (it takes some force to properly shut the bonnet) or a passenger door is not properly shut then the LED light won’t flash. The wing mirrors will still fold in and the headlights will light up, but the car still isn’t locked properly. I always check for the flashing red LED light to be sure the car is locked.

I haven’t experienced erroneous readings with my MyPorsche app so far, but it does take some time to connect to the car and give correct data.
Agree.

You need to wait until the dot by your reg. no. goes green on the App. This does sometimes take too long to connect with the vehicle. Never had a false reading.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:24 pm

Never failed for me. In fact finding it unlocked occasionally, using the App, has been a Macan saver! :o :roll:

I fell for that one in the beginning.

It takes a couple of minutes for the app to login, activate query to car, receive response, transmit to phone, change icon from red to green.

Vorsprung durch Technic is not really a Teutonic concept.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

On-Track wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:12 pm Unless you've disabled mirrors folding on locking in the PCM then the car was almost certainly unlocked. Personally, I not only check that the mirrors have folded but also that the LED in the driver's door is flashing.

I've never experienced a car just locking itself after being shut down. Do some cars with "keyless go" do this when you walk away?
My A5 ( keyless, but not activated with me ) has it…. Locks itself after a short while..
Good to know that a Macan doesnt autolock.. eventhough I always check folding mirros/redlight
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT