Rear floor mats

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SC85

Post by SC85 »

Potentially a random question, but whenever someone sits in the back of my macan, the floor mats get scrunched up due to them not being popped to the base floor carpet. There isn’t any Velcro pad or clip options in the back, just the front.

Now I don’t know if Porsche aren’t used to people sitting in the back of their cars, sports orientated and all :roll: , or whether there is just something missing from mine?!

Can anyone comment what theirs is like, ie fixed or just floating loose?

I know I could just stick some double sided Velcro between the mat carpet and the base carpet, but this bodge would upset my ocd as much as the mats being scrunched up!
2022 Macan S - Night Blue

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

My Porsche rear rubber mats have no fixings, but I don’t find they slide around when people travel in the back.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

AllanG wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:47 pm My Porsche rear rubber mats have no fixings, but I don’t find they slide around when people travel in the back.
There is the answer.

Buy a full set of the rubber mats, I did, 7 years later they look like new.

I Jet was them out of the car of course and when dry I use Gtechniq tyre dressing on them, leave them in the garage overnight and refit.

Job done.

My original carpets are in the bag that the rubber floor mats came in and safely stored.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SC85

Post by SC85 »

Definitely an option. But I quite like shoes off on longer journeys so the softer carpet better, plus personally I don’t like the look of rubber mats in a reasonably premium vehicle.

I also don’t do that much grubby driving in it, the Defender is for that (which does has rubber mats!)

Thank you for your thoughts though!
2022 Macan S - Night Blue
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Not suggesting you fit the whole set of the rubber mats.

If your OCD can handle it just fit the rear set whenever you are going to have passengers.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Rubber mats are also slightly heavier and close fitting so less likely to slide around (although that has not been an issue with me for either carpet or rubber mats). The rears are shaped to fit round the seat mounting / floor pan so I don't really understand how they slide around tbh. Unless your rear passengers have 'active feet' ? ;)
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:13 am Not suggesting you fit the whole set of the rubber mats.

If your OCD can handle it just fit the rear set whenever you are going to have passengers.
Sounds like the OP is the passenger in the rear getting chauffeured around....unless they drive without shoes? 🤔 😲
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Are they genuine "good quality mats"?

I have "Porsche" mats and have never noticed a problem.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

ScotMac wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:41 am Are they genuine "good quality mats"?

I have "Porsche" mats and have never noticed a problem.
+1 , never had a similar problem on any of my cars.
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Black self-tappers.

That'll do it.

;)