Insurance Tips

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:34 pm Well this is timely :) I got the best 'deal' from Admiral last year and they've just issued their home/car quotes for this year coming. We can ignore the home, but the car was a 'no go', as the maximum premium had been reached. I rang them and she played with the mileage etc., and the current market value, lowest being £75K. They cannot insure me this year.

I went on confused.com, the lowest I got was approx £7K with a company I amn't sure I've heard of before. On CompareTheMarket, the lowest is £4200 with Aviva.

Given Monoca has £2,400 in Knightsbridge, I think I am doing well with only one years driving licence and being in SE London etc.. That said my mileage this year has been incredibly low between one thing and another...

However, and potentially a separate thread, I think they insurance was been driven by the cars value overall. When I switched over to CompareTheMarket, it automatically put in a value of approx £70K for the car. I then put in £74,999 and it allowed that through, but once £75K was hit, the engine didn't like it.

I now have a problem.... This will be the separate thread - and its thanks to you knowledgeable guys, when you raised the EU reg piece. But essentially just to keep the thread about insurance only, if I change my car in March for a new GTS, that will be above 75K for insurance purposes, it could lead to bother. I wouldn't mind but this morning, I was beginning to get excited at an earlier delivery of a new car and was looking up number plates, as this one will be a keeper :)
Yeah i got my license 16 years… that helps alot…
London itself is weird market due to different car theft numbers per street, the quotes differ per street heavily….
I think ur GTS can go to 3500…..
Just keep trying different comparison sites ( uswitch ends up the cheapest with me) , clean and ingonito browsers, geolocation ip Address, generalise your profession ( as profession really impacts your quote), add 2 additional drivers ( best is with more experience), have ur mileage expecting between 5-7K, use new email account at reg comparison sites, …. I hope u can lower it then… I dont know anything about car value input though
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT

SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Thanks a million for this, my friend has over 25 years and is already listed as named, but that is genuine to have him there.
I don’t know all the lingo you are mentioning but I think I get what I need to do and I’ll try today. I agree re the 3500, I also separately spoke to the OPC yesterday about the new car (new thread) and they were saying some insurance quotes for non Porsche were crazy from what they heard, effectively as high as the value of the cars themselves.

It’s silly times, but almost understandable - these manufacturers will effectively slow down the market unless they get their security efforts sorted.
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Ps. Had a privacy email thing from uswitch today, think they are joining up with confused.com as a fyi
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:38 pm Ps. Had a privacy email thing from uswitch today, think they are joining up with confused.com as a fyi
Great, an additional extra exp driver should lower it!
Is bizarre indeed.. hope u get a quote around 3500…
Hmm thats a shame if they merge…S….

Btw: post office car insurance and direct line , are not on comparison sites , might be worth a shot!
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT