Porsche Connect/My Porsche App

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Hi;
My Macan has just reached 2 years old this month and I had a couple of e mails from Porsche stating that the above was away to expire and I could pay to continue it.
As I did not even realise that I had this facility for the last 2 years I have not renewed it.
So far, the only noticeable loss that I can see is that my SatNav now cannot display in "Satellite" view. Is there anything else of consequence now not available? Is it worth paying for the re-introduction of the App?

LOTUS515

Post by LOTUS515 »

You will not have map online updates, live weather and news and live traffic info.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Frankly, I don't think it's worth paying for.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Nor me. Didn’t renew this year
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

No renewal here either. All it ever gave me was tyres pressures and a fuel gauge both of which are simple to read in the car. £279 for a renewal for an App that doesn’t even lock the doors remotely is insane.

As for maps I only ever use Apple Maps or Waze 😉

I also got asked to renew after just the first year which was 2 weeks ago.
Macan S MY 2023
oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Thanks for the responses. As I kind of expected, it is NOT worth renewing.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Personally, I think it’s worth it, as I like getting the map updates, the Google map overlay, and the live traffic info, which is especially useful during my trips to France.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
pmg

Post by pmg »

oilman4345 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:16 pm Hi;
My Macan has just reached 2 years old this month and I had a couple of e mails from Porsche stating that the above was away to expire and I could pay to continue it.
As I did not even realise that I had this facility for the last 2 years I have not renewed it.
So far, the only noticeable loss that I can see is that my SatNav now cannot display in "Satellite" view. Is there anything else of consequence now not available? Is it worth paying for the re-introduction of the App?
first there are two subs , Vodafone connect for the append possible security tracking tags and Porsche Connect for map updates live traffic and online service s to the car, i.e. weather news and petrol prices. the first app service used to fee for a year , the second for two years.

My own view as an android phone owner is the second is worth it. If I was an iPhone owner and CarPlay user, I might be of a different opinion depending on whether I preferred another nav prog to the built in one.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
adam b

Post by adam b »

Agree with others, a waste of money and a bit of a rip off frankly.

I use Waze for satnav due to camera alerts
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)