First service costs

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

I have just picked myself up from falling off my chair when receiving a quote (Cambridge) for a 18K mile oil change and first minor service. Been quoted £940 for basically an oil and brake fluid change - can anybody enlighten me what extra work other than changing oil filter, oil and brake fluid, the first "minor service" involves. I can check my tyre tread and pad wear so i don't need an inspection? I can get the original parts, including a cabin filter, for £200, and fail to see how this will take more than 1 to 1.5 hours to complete. I'm not paying £740 for one and half's hours labour - that's serious Porsche tax!

These OPC's don't know what they are doing, i was initially told i needed new spark plugs at 20K. Told them i think that's 40K but they haven't filled me with confidence. Maybe i got a telephone money giving me an incorrect quote.

Can anyone tell me if the micro (cabin) filter needs changing at 18K (18 months old car), i was so shocked at the quote i forgot to ask the OPC, and they probably wouldn't give the right answer anyway. Also, is there anything else the first service would include i am not considering. What have other people paid for an oil change and first service on a Macan S. It's going to be an Indy for me.

Thanks in anticipation of members assistance.

carbonblack

Post by carbonblack »

They are piss-takers, but you don't have a choice if you have a Porsche warranty.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

carbonblack wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:13 pm They are piss-takers, but you don't have a choice if you have a Porsche warranty.
You can use an indy if OEM parts are used (keep the evidence). However when coming to sell/part-ex they will knock off £2k for not having OPC servicing.

I've considered it but know it's a no-win game.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

At one time first service under the ‘Total Transparency’ was quoted as £430. Oil and filter and pollen filter. I’d phone another OPC
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Or buy the consumables from Porsche dealer and get Indy to do the work?
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Mines going in at £960 whilst I was quoted £1300 at another OPC.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

£960 for a full service, surely not just the oil change?
Macan S MY 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Skyway wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:20 pm £960 for a full service, surely not just the oil change?
Read it again, it's both.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Not sure £960 for both is that bad given that it's every 2 years and not annually.
Macan S MY 2023
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

HertsMacan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:43 pm I have just picked myself up from falling off my chair when receiving a quote (Cambridge) for a 18K mile oil change and first minor service. Been quoted £940 for basically an oil and brake fluid change - can anybody enlighten me what extra work other than changing oil filter, oil and brake fluid, the first "minor service" involves. I can check my tyre tread and pad wear so i don't need an inspection? I can get the original parts, including a cabin filter, for £200, and fail to see how this will take more than 1 to 1.5 hours to complete. I'm not paying £740 for one and half's hours labour - that's serious Porsche tax!

These OPC's don't know what they are doing, i was initially told i needed new spark plugs at 20K. Told them i think that's 40K but they haven't filled me with confidence. Maybe i got a telephone money giving me an incorrect quote.

Can anyone tell me if the micro (cabin) filter needs changing at 18K (18 months old car), i was so shocked at the quote i forgot to ask the OPC, and they probably wouldn't give the right answer anyway. Also, is there anything else the first service would include i am not considering. What have other people paid for an oil change and first service on a Macan S. It's going to be an Indy for me.

Thanks in anticipation of members assistance.
See also this very recent topic......viewtopic.php?t=14023

My post covers what was included in the first service, They will want to charge you an extra [big] fee for checking / clearing the Panoramic roof drains, if you have one.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver