First service costs

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Cobnapint
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Cobnapint »

How was the new Cayenne in comparison?
Did you get to drive the 'S' or just the base Cayenne?
MY23 Macan S
2012 Cayenne Diesel
2009 997.2 C4S Cab pdk
2006 997.1 C2S Man
2006 SLK 350 (factory collect)
2004 350Z
1999 Audi TT 225
1990 944 Turbo (250)
1990 Celica GT4

User avatar
Skyway
Posts: 2332
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:42 pm
Location: Surrey

Post by Skyway »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:40 am What's the point of owning a (modern) car that only covers 3000 miles is a year? An obscene ring for your wife would get out more!
Depends what you consider your Macan as. Mine is not a daily driver so also only does around 3000 miles in a year. But it’s 3000 miles that are pleasurable, rather than the boring driving I have to do in my daily 😉

Mine doesn’t state it needs an oil change until May though which places it at 18 months old.
Macan S MY 2023
Jobbo
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:17 pm

Post by Jobbo »

Cobnapint wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:18 pm How was the new Cayenne in comparison?
Did you get to drive the 'S' or just the base Cayenne?
I should probably put up a separate post about it - it’s weirdly not compared very often. We tried a low spec V6 non-hybrid pre-facelift (which was conceptually the most similar vehicle they had in stock to what we’d want). That had a 340bhp version of the Macan S/GTS engine. It does not feel like a Macan; the seating position is higher even at its lowest, it’s incredibly comfy and feels like it would be very stable and relaxing on long journeys. I prefer the Macan but the Cayenne suits my wife better.

I’m not yet sure which options give it a bit of verve; I think air suspension is a necessity purely to make it lower and stiffer when you want to chuck it around.
Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper
Cobnapint
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Cobnapint »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:53 am
Cobnapint wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:18 pm How was the new Cayenne in comparison?
Did you get to drive the 'S' or just the base Cayenne?
I should probably put up a separate post about it - it’s weirdly not compared very often. We tried a low spec V6 non-hybrid pre-facelift (which was conceptually the most similar vehicle they had in stock to what we’d want). That had a 340bhp version of the Macan S/GTS engine. It does not feel like a Macan; the seating position is higher even at its lowest, it’s incredibly comfy and feels like it would be very stable and relaxing on long journeys. I prefer the Macan but the Cayenne suits my wife better.

I’m not yet sure which options give it a bit of verve; I think air suspension is a necessity purely to make it lower and stiffer when you want to chuck it around.
Thanks.
I only ask because I've come from 11 years with a Cayenne diesel (which was fantastic) to a new Macan S a year ago and am considering going back to a Cayenne purely for comfort reasons. I prefer sitting higher up as well (which you don't really do in the Macan) and can't get on with the Macan's 14-ways. The comfort seats in the Cayenne are perfect.
I did a lot of miles back then but don't now I've retired, hence the low miles and move from diesel to a Macan petrol.
MY23 Macan S
2012 Cayenne Diesel
2009 997.2 C4S Cab pdk
2006 997.1 C2S Man
2006 SLK 350 (factory collect)
2004 350Z
1999 Audi TT 225
1990 944 Turbo (250)
1990 Celica GT4
crockers
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:56 am

Post by crockers »

I'd put rear wheel steering high on my options list.
Jobbo
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:17 pm

Post by Jobbo »

Cobnapint wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:49 am Thanks.
I only ask because I've come from 11 years with a Cayenne diesel (which was fantastic) to a new Macan S a year ago and am considering going back to a Cayenne purely for comfort reasons. I prefer sitting higher up as well (which you don't really do in the Macan) and can't get on with the Macan's 14-ways. The comfort seats in the Cayenne are perfect.
I did a lot of miles back then but don't now I've retired, hence the low miles and move from diesel to a Macan petrol.
Sounds very similar to our reasons. I had not driven a Cayenne before so had no idea quite how different they are to the Macan. Definitely much higher.

We are going to spec the 4ws. Not sure I can justify the PDCC :lol:
Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper
User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 19721
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Post by Wing Commander »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:51 pm
Cobnapint wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:49 am Thanks.
I only ask because I've come from 11 years with a Cayenne diesel (which was fantastic) to a new Macan S a year ago and am considering going back to a Cayenne purely for comfort reasons. I prefer sitting higher up as well (which you don't really do in the Macan) and can't get on with the Macan's 14-ways. The comfort seats in the Cayenne are perfect.
I did a lot of miles back then but don't now I've retired, hence the low miles and move from diesel to a Macan petrol.
Sounds very similar to our reasons. I had not driven a Cayenne before so had no idea quite how different they are to the Macan. Definitely much higher.

We are going to spec the 4ws. Not sure I can justify the PDCC :lol:

I’d go carbon bucket seats, PCCBs, manual transmission and rear seat delete! :twisted:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb
Posts: 9265
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Lancashire

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:09 pm
Jobbo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:51 pm
Cobnapint wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:49 am Thanks.
I only ask because I've come from 11 years with a Cayenne diesel (which was fantastic) to a new Macan S a year ago and am considering going back to a Cayenne purely for comfort reasons. I prefer sitting higher up as well (which you don't really do in the Macan) and can't get on with the Macan's 14-ways. The comfort seats in the Cayenne are perfect.
I did a lot of miles back then but don't now I've retired, hence the low miles and move from diesel to a Macan petrol.
Sounds very similar to our reasons. I had not driven a Cayenne before so had no idea quite how different they are to the Macan. Definitely much higher.

We are going to spec the 4ws. Not sure I can justify the PDCC :lol:

I’d go carbon bucket seats, PCCBs, manual transmission and rear seat delete!
:twisted:

?
Did you have a bad weekend Simon ?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
2japs
Posts: 1078
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by 2japs »

Back with first service costs, booked for 12th March ,my July 2022 S in for an oil service, just under 12k miles. The car currently as of today ,oil service due 4600k or 22days was on 29 days but not used in last week, so I assume the days is on a countdown regardless of any driving.

Cost is £427.77 plus offer of heating and ventilation detox( bacteria and mould etc) for £29 with warranty for 12months. Taken up as I thought you can’t get much for £29 from Porsche!

Two updates required, speaker system and parking sensors
Date above gets me a courtesy car.

OPC Newcastle ( JTC600)!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
User avatar
andreas
Posts: 1808
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Essex

Post by andreas »

2japs wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:59 pm
Cost is £427.77 plus offer of heating and ventilation detox( bacteria and mould etc) for £29 with warranty for 12months. Taken up as I thought you can’t get much for £29 from Porsche!
They'll probably just set off an aerosol detox inside the car. Halfords sell them for £6.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Post Reply

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post