Macan S - Lockdown Spec

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
2japs

Post by 2japs »

PJV997 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:15 pm
Vix wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:08 pm Just to add, this is the spec I finally settled on: PRI2ZX68. I'm going to try very hard not to change it again!
Thanks for all the advice. I'm hoping for delivery next April/May.
Congrats - that looks a really nice spec - and welcome to the Gentian Club.
+1
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

crockers

Post by crockers »

Vix wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:19 am
crockers wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:21 am I’m assuming you have no children in childcseats as rear airbags could have been an issue.
No kids but I'm not sure what the issuewith the airbags would have been.
How are you enjoying Papaya? I was very tempted.
Actually loving the colour. Have had quite a few comments from strangers (positive ones). I selected Dolomite on my new T but I now much prefer the real colour of orange. 🤣
Vix

Post by Vix »

PJV997 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:15 pm
Vix wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:08 pm Just to add, this is the spec I finally settled on: PRI2ZX68. I'm going to try very hard not to change it again!
Thanks for all the advice. I'm hoping for delivery next April/May.
Congrats - that looks a really nice spec - and welcome to the Gentian Club.
Many thanks. Still debating Gentian & black or Gentian & chrome ...
Macan S - Gentian Blue (2024) - On order http://www.porsche-code.com/PRI2ZX68
981 Boxster S - Sapphire Blue (2015) - Keeper!
987 Boxster S - Grey (2010) - Sold
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

As our loan Macans come and go, and come... and are switched out... we have experienced Papaya for 2 weeks and Gentian for three days.

Our own S is Dolomite. I always prefer silver now after all sorts of colours over the years, but it's been at the OPC for as many weeks as we've had it so I'm forgetting how it looks...

Anyhow, Papaya isn't a colour I'd have chosen but I would consider it now. Sure, it got dirty recently but the orangey difference always shone through so the dirt wasn't an issue. Forget the orange seat inserts though!

The current Gentian S arrived Monday to swap out the Papaya base model. It was a little grubby to start with and looks sorry for itself currently.
Having had a black car before I'd say Gentian would be almost as bad, only looking sparkly clean for perhaps a day, even in dry weather when the dust settles.

But of course beauty is in the eye... (and in the sudsy bucket).

I wonder how many more loan car colours we'll experience in the coming days/weeks...
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Go with Gentian.

Wish I had spec’d it instead of the Met Black that I have, Met Black does look the best when clean but alas it does not stay clean for long.

Only other comment on your spec is that I wish I had included the Acoustic & Insulated Glass option in my own Macan just to reduce the interior noise a bit.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Vix

Post by Vix »

I probably said earlier, but I'd promised myself a Macan in Crayon but really don't think it works. it looks great in the configurator but too pale in reality. I was very tempted by Papaya but played it safe with Gentian. I do think Gentian is inherently a "dirty" blue and agree it doesn't look good as soon as it starts getting grubby.
Macan S - Gentian Blue (2024) - On order http://www.porsche-code.com/PRI2ZX68
981 Boxster S - Sapphire Blue (2015) - Keeper!
987 Boxster S - Grey (2010) - Sold
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:56 pm Go with Gentian.

Wish I had spec’d it instead of the Met Black that I have, Met Black does look the best when clean but alas it does not stay clean for long.

Only other comment on your spec is that I wish I had included the Acoustic & Insulated Glass option in my own Macan just to reduce the interior noise a bit.
I've ordered JBM and completely understand the Highs and Lows of Black car ownership however, there's no better colour when clean than a Black car and conversely no worse colour than Black when dirty!! :lol: But that's only a small consideration, as driving pleasure is much more important.... ;)
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

JBM...?

Is that PTS, JojoBa Metallic?...

image.jpg

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

DJMCUK wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:22 pm JBM...?

Is that PTS, JojoBa Metallic?...

image.jpg
No, just boring old Jet Black Metallic :D
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Vix wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:43 pm I probably said earlier, but I'd promised myself a Macan in Crayon but really don't think it works. it looks great in the configurator but too pale in reality. I was very tempted by Papaya but played it safe with Gentian. I do think Gentian is inherently a "dirty" blue and agree it doesn't look good as soon as it starts getting grubby.
Crayon and macans work really wel imo as long as it’s all black trim and black wheels. The two colours go well - crayon and black. Works best with gts.

If your getting the S I’d go with a different colour for sure, as the S has much less black trim (I.e front bumper, wheels, tinted rear taillights etc)