New Macan S for delivery next month - Any takers?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Because they wanna keep an eye on what all those customers are doing in their cars ;)
Macan S MY 2023

2japs

Post by 2japs »

Skyway wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:28 pm Because they wanna keep an eye on what all those customers are doing in their cars ;)
Honest gov that dent in the bumper was on when you lent me the demo 😂😂
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
MickyS

Post by MickyS »

Well for anyone still interested in this thread, I did finally get shot of this car today.
As the doom mongers predicted, I did have to take a bath but not as bad as some assumed would be the case. Let’s say I am a few thousand down but it has been a journey on which I have learnt many things, including the fact that Motorway are absolutely crap for trying to sell this sort of vehicle. I tried using them but they absolutely insisted on a bonkers low reserve. I rejected the ‘best bid’ generated but the highest bidder contacted me directly and then had the audacity to offer me £3000 more! That means I found Motorway out. They did not listen to me when I said they had to start at a much more realistic reserve figure. They just don’t know what they’re doing, whereas they could be a lot smarter and cut out the many middle men who exist in this world and look after their customers better. Also have a ‘premium’ element to their offering.
Yes, the car market has fallen off the rails in the period after I ordered the vehicle and I should have called it a day at an early stage but there you go. I have learned to stick to my own market.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Well done for getting shot of it…..would you mind saying who you sold it to?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great that you sold it anyway.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Thanks for the update
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

MickyS wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:36 pm Well for anyone still interested in this thread...... Motorway are absolutely crap for trying to sell this sort of vehicle. I tried using them
Of course we are, so thanks! Me too, WBAC made me a better offer, although they probably didn't notice some of the defects I mentioned on Mway, not an issue for you, obviously!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
crockers

Post by crockers »

Glad it’s gone and hoping your bath wasn’t too deep. 👍
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

MickyS wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:36 pm Well for anyone still interested in this thread, I did finally get shot of this car today.
As the doom mongers predicted, I did have to take a bath but not as bad as some assumed would be the case. Let’s say I am a few thousand down but it has been a journey on which I have learnt many things, including the fact that Motorway are absolutely crap for trying to sell this sort of vehicle. I tried using them but they absolutely insisted on a bonkers low reserve. I rejected the ‘best bid’ generated but the highest bidder contacted me directly and then had the audacity to offer me £3000 more! That means I found Motorway out. They did not listen to me when I said they had to start at a much more realistic reserve figure. They just don’t know what they’re doing, whereas they could be a lot smarter and cut out the many middle men who exist in this world and look after their customers better. Also have a ‘premium’ element to their offering.
Yes, the car market has fallen off the rails in the period after I ordered the vehicle and I should have called it a day at an early stage but there you go. I have learned to stick to my own market.
Glad you got it sold. Never tried Motorway as they were a pain to get the car listed. Carwow was so easy to use and we agreed a reserve that was better than anywhere else. £4k more than WBAC. Go the reserve price too. But that was April, so prices still strong back then.

Just for giggles, could you tell us what reserve Motorway were wanting to put on your car? And how much you eventually sold it for?
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Glad you got out and i hope what you lost on it was less than the £3K deposit. Otherwise you would have done better to have just walked away from the deal.