Insurance shock

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

My NFU renewal is 42% higher than March 23 price. But in fairness the renewal is for a brand new £80k+ car.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

robbie wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:44 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:22 am Ha ha!! Any volunteers on here to marry this eligible 911 owner!?! :lol: ❤️
A good time to propose Simon!! I did it back in 1972 because I had a job offer in the Bahamas but you had to be married so I proposed to my girlfriend then they gave the job to someone else, bastards!!! They gave me a couple of years in Malta instead as away of saying sorry.............:o)
Still married Robbie?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
robbie

Post by robbie »

Hi Neil, You may have guessed that 'maybe' I married for all the wrong reasons back then............ we got divorced in 1984 but we did enjoy a couple of great years in Malta before all the military left and before the island became rather re-focused on tourism, became a concrete jungle and in my view this wonderful island has been ruined forever.
So back to topic - getting married just to get cheaper car insurance sounds like a great plan to me.... :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

robbie wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:35 pm Hi Neil, You may have guessed that 'maybe' I married for all the wrong reasons back then............ we got divorced in 1984 but we did enjoy a couple of great years in Malta before all the military left and before the island became rather re-focused on tourism, became a concrete jungle and in my view this wonderful island has been ruined forever.
So back to topic - getting married just to get cheaper car insurance sounds like a great plan to me.... :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
To get into ML’s ideal time window, I’d need to get married today or tomorrow!! ;) :lol: ❤️
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
robbie

Post by robbie »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:17 pm
robbie wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:35 pm Hi Neil, You may have guessed that 'maybe' I married for all the wrong reasons back then............ we got divorced in 1984 but we did enjoy a couple of great years in Malta before all the military left and before the island became rather re-focused on tourism, became a concrete jungle and in my view this wonderful island has been ruined forever.
To get into ML’s ideal time window, I’d need to get married today or tomorrow!! ;) :lol: ❤️
Pushing it a bit for today but heh Sunday is a good day for a wedding, you'll have to get your skates on but just think of the savings on your car insurance, it will all be worth it in the end :D :D :D
robbie

Post by robbie »

Probably time to get back to the real topic... my insurance (with Churchill) went up from £290 in Nov 22 to £557 last November, so roughly an 90% increase, shopping around did not prove fruitful so I stayed with Churchill, just shows which way this industry is going nowadays, all the good deals you used to be able to get using comparison sites have just about dried up :cry: :cry:
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Anyone living within the M25 might be in for a bigger shock next renewal......

Further to the Macan theft thread from last year, there is a similar Macan theft thread running on Pistonheads forum, and a London Macan owner posted a few days ago that his almost new Macan S (2k miles from new) had just been stolen from the road outside his house (he ordered it without comfort access, had keys in a faraday pouch and had a steering wheel lock on it).
He has since posted to say his insurance company have now informed him that they will decline to insure him if he chooses to replace the car with another Macan if they pay out if car not recovered.
Another poster has now posted on the thread to say that they have reliable source info to say that over a 100 Macan have been stolen from within the London area during 2023.... :shock: which if true, could mean Macan's will soon become un-insurable within the London area, and explain why this guys insurance company have told they won't insure him on another Macan.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

My NFU policy is subject to a Tracker subscription. No surprise, but overall they are still the best value for my particular cover requirements.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

GeeRam wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:27 pm Anyone living within the M25 might be in for a bigger shock next renewal......

Further to the Macan theft thread from last year, there is a similar Macan theft thread running on Pistonheads forum, and a London Macan owner posted a few days ago that his almost new Macan S (2k miles from new) had just been stolen from the road outside his house (he ordered it without comfort access, had keys in a faraday pouch and had a steering wheel lock on it).
He has since posted to say his insurance company have now informed him that they will decline to insure him if he chooses to replace the car with another Macan if they pay out if car not recovered.
Another poster has now posted on the thread to say that they have reliable source info to say that over a 100 Macan have been stolen from within the London area during 2023.... :shock: which if true, could mean Macan's will soon become un-insurable within the London area, and explain why this guys insurance company have told they won't insure him on another Macan.
I'd love to know how they're getting into the cars.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

GeeRam wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:27 pm Anyone living within the M25 might be in for a bigger shock next renewal......

I questioned the authenticity of the last thread on this forum regarding the theft of a Macan , non comfort access, from outside the OPs house and am still of the opinion that it was a spam post. The OP joined this forum on the morning of the theft and I questioned his rush to post very sketchy details of the theft within an hour of the act. No mention was made of any communication with the police or insurance company at any time after the theft and no further update since I challenged him. He also quoted that there were threads on other forums which he failed to expand on. I'm sure Macans get stolen but any theft thread seems to send members here into a panic - whether they be fact or fiction.