Insurance shock

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Has anyone else experienced an OMG increase in their insurance quote?

I was aware they had gone up (I do read the news) but was not prepared for the renewal premium on our multicar policy covering my Macan and my wife's Fiat 500 to go up from £1,100 to £2,800!! Which splits to £300 for the Fiat (double last year) and £2,500 for the Macan (nearly triple last year).

Effing hell. And before anyone asks, no relevant factors have changed since last year - no accidents, no penalties, no job changes, no house move etc.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Sounds like they do not want to insure prestige cars and hence pricing themselves out of contention.

Do make sure Auto Renewal is not applicable.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Split your cars away from the multicar. Those are designed to suck you in and then going forward never deliver.
Macan S MY 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Back in May mine went from £424 to £590 with LV again Macan & Twinair. At the same time Admiral via Compare the meerkat quoted £1650. More recently my house insurance went up 40% with Admiral, couldn't find it cheaper elsewhere though.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Skyway wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:10 pm Split your cars away from the multicar. Those are designed to suck you in and then going forward never deliver.
+1 😏
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

30-40% has been my experience with 5 cars this year, all on separate policies and insurer’s. Shop around, what you’ve been quoted is extreme unless your particular postcode has rocketed but still OTT.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Skyway wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:10 pm Split your cars away from the multicar. Those are designed to suck you in and then going forward never deliver.
In my opinion multi-vehicle policies are a bad idea. I used to have a multi-bike policy and when I eventually went to split them out you only get one no claim discount. In other words, if I then went to two separate policies I'd only get one of them to benefit from full NCD. The other policy would attract zero NCD
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Same happened to me today.

I've insured with Admiral for 7 years and it's been around the £500 mark with small increases for inflation each year.

This year, £958. No changes in circumstances at all, another years no claims should really have lowered it. I did my usual and asked them to match other quotes I've had from the Meercat etc, the best they would do is £808.

Went with Esure in the end, £634.

Definitely some scalping going on.

BigPhil.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Wolands Advocate wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:05 pm Has anyone else experienced an OMG increase in their insurance quote?

I was aware they had gone up (I do read the news) but was not prepared for the renewal premium on our multicar policy covering my Macan and my wife's Fiat 500 to go up from £1,100 to £2,800!! Which splits to £300 for the Fiat (double last year) and £2,500 for the Macan (nearly triple last year).

Effing hell. And before anyone asks, no relevant factors have changed since last year - no accidents, no penalties, no job changes, no house move etc.
Jesus Christ !!!!

Mine is due mid-December. Admiral multi-car & home insurance. And before anyone says split them. I've compared each year, and multi-car / house insurance has always come out cheaper.

There is obviously things going on within the industry. Inflation is obviously part of it, and their added costs. But look at how many Range Rovers are being stolen. They've paid out for them. Cost of repairs have gone up. Look at the amount of EV's getting written off for minor damage as everyone is terrified of any battery damage. So paying out for that. Plus, some poor insurance company is now having to pay out for that multi-story car park fire.

And of course we have the biggest Elephant in the room. The establishment have said (on video and in writing) that they want cars off the road and car ownership to be abolished. Personal transport will only be for the rich & elite. Make insurance too high and people can't afford it. But that would be a conspiracy theory (even though they said it) so is utter rubbish. If it were true, the BBC would report it. :lol: :lol:
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

My mums in her 80s and does a little driving in a 10 yr old 1.2 Vauxhall - renewal went from £250 to nearly £700. Shopped around and then added myself and my sister as other drivers and it went down to just over £500 ... mines up for renewal end of Nov, I'm dreading it.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose