Porsche Experience off road in Catalunya

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

Porsche ran a fantastic event dedicated to the off road experience for all the family. Probably it is not such a big deal in the UK, but here in Spain with the meager rainfall we get, this is the first time in over a year that my Macan got a thorough mud drenching. I was shocked to be the only Carmine Red among the approx 70 SUVs attending the event - 90% were Black or Volcanic Grey, and only a handful of Crayons and a couple of White ones, with no blues, greens or yellows! The guided circuit was great fun, but not even a little bit challenging. I did not have enough time to sign up for a second circuit which could have been more challenging. The co-pilot drive in Cayennes around an obstacle course was a bit lame because the co-pilots were so conservative. The absolute highlight was as a passenger with the pro drivers. They had several Taycans which were impressive. But the icing on the cake was the 911 Dakar. It just left me speechless.

IMG_2249.jpeg

IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2251.jpeg

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Sounds great fun although from the pic the mud drenching wasn't THAT thorough! I've not yet had that "pro-driver" experience, one for the bucketbucket list.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

8-)
Neil1911 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:15 pm Sounds great fun although from the pic the mud drenching wasn't THAT thorough! I've not yet had that "pro-driver" experience, one for the bucketbucket list.
I took better advantage on the return trip through the mud pools 8-)
The headlights could not even shine through the mud!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Sounds like a great event. Most Macans here are not allowed to get dirty :lol: