Steering wheel lock for macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

My neighbour put a Stoplock Pro Elite or whatever its called - the bar type one - on his Macan after they stole it and he recovered it.

They've not been back for it!

I decided against it. If someone can get into the car they've either got my keys or have cloned them, or have done some damage to gain entry and a measly steering wheel lock won't deter them any further!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94

mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Here's mine - no marks fits perfectly. Looks a bit messy with the cloth wrap but it works ...

IMG_3711.JPG

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

I'd read somewhere that thieves actually used those steering wheel bar type locks for leverage to break the steering lock! Anyone have any experience of that or is it just a myth?
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

mueslibrown wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:16 pm Here's mine - no marks fits perfectly. Looks a bit messy with the cloth wrap but it works ...
Quite a big unit. What do you do with it when you are driving?
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

mueslibrown wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:16 pm Here's mine - no marks fits perfectly. Looks a bit messy with the cloth wrap but it works ...
Thanks
Good to see a real example on the car
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Don't know why you couldn't find anything, its been covered many times.

If you want the best security and deterrent then get a Disklok. https://www.disklokuk.co.uk

The bar style locks are appreciated by thieves as they provide good leverage to break the steering lock and can be removed by hacksaw in seconds.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

All devices are actually breakable, Disk klok included in exactly: 3 min 23 seconds ( . They're breakable dependent on the skill of the thief, its just a good way of slowing them down ( as someone might walk by/ CCTV/ Car Alarm attracting unwanted attention/visual deterrent).

A "ghost security device " is the best way to go if you wish to increase your chances significantly.
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT
Marksy

Post by Marksy »

I have used this on a Range Rover Sport for a couple of months. I moved to the UK from Aus and purchased the RR without knowing just how targeted they were so I ended up having to get this. Really good and didnt do any damage so long as you just carefully put it on and off.

https://amzn.eu/d/6l11k6Y

Given the theft headaches with that car I have sold it after owning it only about 6 months and I no longer need my StopLock Pro. If interested I will happy sell it to you? The difference between Pro and Elite i think were just the amount of curve in the arm.. The Elite i think was needed for the steering wheels with a bigger horn bulge.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Thanks guys, for the macan can I just get the stoplock pro or does it have to be the pro elite- any ideas?
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Marksy wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:50 am I have used this on a Range Rover Sport for a couple of months. I moved to the UK from Aus and purchased the RR without knowing just how targeted they were so I ended up having to get this. Really good and didnt do any damage so long as you just carefully put it on and off.

https://amzn.eu/d/6l11k6Y

Given the theft headaches with that car I have sold it after owning it only about 6 months and I no longer need my StopLock Pro. If interested I will happy sell it to you? The difference between Pro and Elite i think were just the amount of curve in the arm.. The Elite i think was needed for the steering wheels with a bigger horn bulge.
Thanks, I can pick a new one up for £40 so not sure it’s worth bother buying used - thanks though