No ICE Macan from Week 16 next year?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

I wonder if Autocar are not just repeating something they heard and said about 2 years ago when the Ev was expected in 6 months and the Gen 3 announcement due
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

pmg wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:20 pm I wonder if Autocar are not just repeating something they heard and said about 2 years ago when the Ev was expected in 6 months and the Gen 3 announcement due
Guess if there was any truth in this we'd know about by now..
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
CKMAC

Post by CKMAC »

My SE said it was orginally planned to stop ICE production in Q2/24 and now is Q3/24.
pmg

Post by pmg »

CKMAC wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:47 pm My SE said it was orginally planned to stop ICE production in Q2/24 and now is Q3/24.
That would be consistent with the report out of Germany about 3 weeks ago of 3 months further delay in EV due to continuing software issues
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

CKMAC wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:47 pm My SE said it was orginally planned to stop ICE production in Q2/24 and now is Q3/24.
and watch that move further and further out ;)

It's a great ploy to get more orders in too.
Macan S MY 2023
robbie

Post by robbie »

I'm told by my OPC in Tewkesbury that because of 'BRIXIT' we will keep the ICE Macans a lot longer than countries within the EU market, they will monitor sales alongside the EV (Whenever that gets launched!) and keep our RH drive production going for longer than originally planned, possibly aligned to their US market. So it's anybodies guess still on when the order books will finally close but it will no longer be Week 16/2024 that's for sure................ :o)
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

I popped in to OPC Wolverhampton yesterday and they also confirmed that the ICE Macan will also be produced along side the EV. Obviously Porsche are getting a bit nervous changing from ICE to EV!!!!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

M30LEV wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:01 pm I popped in to OPC Wolverhampton yesterday and they also confirmed that the ICE Macan will also be produced along side the EV. Obviously Porsche are getting a bit nervous changing from ICE to EV!!!!
It has always been Porsche's plan to run both in parallel.

Here's a recent article.....

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2973 ... ic-car.htm
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

The main worry is that we know the EV will be a lot more expensive than the ICE model so knowing Porsche they may increase the price of the ICE making people think twice in which model to choose. Also remember that manufacturers that don't sell enough EVs they have to pay a penalty for every ICE unit sold. I hope I am wrong ref price increases.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

M30LEV wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:59 pm The main worry is that we know the EV will be a lot more expensive than the ICE model so knowing Porsche they may increase the price of the ICE making people think twice in which model to choose. Also remember that manufacturers that don't sell enough EVs they have to pay a penalty for every ICE unit sold. I hope I am wrong ref price increases.
If they sell ICE and EV Macan next to each other, the EV will struggle to get sales. Isn't the rumoured starting price over £90k?

So initial sales for company cars, but the majority of private buyers will take the cheaper and easier to own and run ICE Macan. And yes, they'll get fined for every ICE car if they don't hit their EU EV sales targets.

So either the ICE Macan will increase in price to narrow the gap, or they'll have to discontinue it to force EV sales.

From what I've read before, and reading between the lines, if Porsche electrify most of their cars, it probably means they can keep ICE 911's going longer. Though they then may up the price of them and appeal to the very rich and flog them green fuel to keep them running.

Interesting video by Geoff buys cars. Appetent insurance insider stating they'll refuse to insure older ICE cars in the future to force people out of them. He argues that will be the end of high net worth car collections. I don't think that'll be true. Those high net worth car collectors will just buy expensive green fuel to keep their expensive car collections going.