2019 Used Macan S Opinions Please

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Well I never used the little button cos it disengages with a tap of the brake anyway. You guys making it sound very complicated but it’s brilliantly easy in reality and works well. 🤷‍♂️
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

MooseMiller wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:22 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:16 pm
Skyway wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:12 pm It’s not the same. A speed limiter allows you to use the accelerator manually but protects the maximum speed. ACC forces you to use cruise control.

My Merc has both.
Don't agree, that it forces anything. ACC engaged, you can press the accelerator, true the car won't stop you at any specific speed, are you saying the MB does?
With ACC engaged you can depress the accelerator and exceed the set speed. With the speed limiter it will only allow you to go up to the set speed (ignoring kickdown). If you remove your foot with SL you will slow to a stop. ACC obviously you will carry on at the set speed
I don't like the sound of it but I guess it's a case of "what your used to".
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

The ACC works very well. I think the point some of us are making is that you don’t get the Speed Limiter which you do on the cars with standard cruise control. Seems more is less 😉
Macan S MY 2023
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:11 pm I would not buy it.

Spec is OK but only just OK.

No:-
Surround Cam - vastly better than simple Rev Cam
ACC - variable speed cruise control, standard is 80’s standard ie fixed speed
Spare Wheel - not essential but highly desirable
Heated Steering Wheel - essential for me

Plus
I could not live with the colour, it is a magnet for idiots and it is not as desirable for buyers come selling on time
As evidence that people should form their own opinions, I disagree wholeheartedly with Col except on the spare wheel and even that isn’t difficult to deal with aftermarket.
- Surround cam; I specced it, I don’t use anything but the rear view so wasted my money. The rest of the cameras seemed a good idea but really aren’t all that useful because you can’t drive looking at the centre screen.
- ACC; on its own, not that useful. With lane-keep assist it gives you more of a complete self-driving experience.
- Heated steering wheel. Just makes your hands warm and I prefer them not to get sweaty. Heated seats on their own warm you up fine.

However, while I love the mamba green and think the spec is pretty decent, I think it is lacking extended leather and that is a shame. I’d always prefer to get the interior I want over a rare exterior colour because that’s where you sit.
2023 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Due 2025: Cayenne S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBH59L6
2023 Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:01 am
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:11 pm I would not buy it.

Spec is OK but only just OK.

No:-
Surround Cam - vastly better than simple Rev Cam
ACC - variable speed cruise control, standard is 80’s standard ie fixed speed
Spare Wheel - not essential but highly desirable
Heated Steering Wheel - essential for me

Plus
I could not live with the colour, it is a magnet for idiots and it is not as desirable for buyers come selling on time
As evidence that people should form their own opinions, I disagree wholeheartedly with Col except on the spare wheel and even that isn’t difficult to deal with aftermarket.
- Surround cam; I specced it, I don’t use anything but the rear view so wasted my money. The rest of the cameras seemed a good idea but really aren’t all that useful because you can’t drive looking at the centre screen.
- ACC; on its own, not that useful. With lane-keep assist it gives you more of a complete self-driving experience.
- Heated steering wheel. Just makes your hands warm and I prefer them not to get sweaty. Heated seats on their own warm you up fine.

However, while I love the mamba green and think the spec is pretty decent, I think it is lacking extended leather and that is a shame. I’d always prefer to get the interior I want over a rare exterior colour because that’s where you sit.
I agree, people absolutely should form their own opinion. For me, for the most part, spec options generally fall into either 'cosmetic' or 'functional' categories. Interesting to note @Jobbo that the three items you quote are all functional options and the one you quote as lacking is cosmetic. So it may be the way individuals see and prioritise what is important to them.
We can all comment on functional items to articulate our experiences (see above bunch of posts on ACC as an example) but cosmetic is purely subjective to the individuals taste surely. One person may like green, another hates it
Bottom line for me is for the OP to consider functional options carefully in terms of do they want it, is it of use etc. Cosmetic stuff? If you like it go for it. Who cares what anyone else likes!
stuart1969

Post by stuart1969 »

Plus
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for this - I was in 2 minds about 360 camera, I have it on all previous cars but only ever use rear camera - now deleted as an option! :)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I'm the opposite. Never had the surround camera before the Macan. Now I could not live without it. It's got nothing to do with the rear but more about the sides where visibility in the Macan is awkward because of the rounded body shape ;) Makes good alignment very easy in general.

It's also great at the front when parking against high kerbs front ended.
Macan S MY 2023
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Skyway wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:19 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:16 pm
Skyway wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:12 pm It’s not the same. A speed limiter allows you to use the accelerator manually but protects the maximum speed. ACC forces you to use cruise control.

My Merc has both.
Don't agree, that it forces anything. ACC engaged, you can press the accelerator, true the car won't stop you at any specific speed, are you saying the MB does?
Yes, if the speed limiter is set to let’s say 50, no matter how hard you press the accelerator pedal the car will not go above 50. Excellent in average speed zones etc.
Just for completeness, what you say is not quite the whole story. If you press the accelerator past the "kick down" position it overrides the speed limiter. It caters for the emergency situation where you might have to accelerate out of danger.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:01 am
The Surround camera is only activated at slow speed. IMHO it enables you to park close to kerbs without the risk of "kerbing" the alloys. If you link it with the diamond button on the steering column it also enables you to "see" at blind junctions without poking a third of the car into traffic. But each to his own.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:42 pm
MooseMiller wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:36 pm Isn't that the button to turn on / off ACC though??
Yes it is. It does not limit your speed. You have to adjust the limit by pulling or pushing the stalk.
Checked my stalk button this morning, and it does turn the ACC off/on, so my apologies for stating it was for the speed limiter.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon