2019 Used Macan S Opinions Please

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 5952

Post by Deleted User 5952 »

Hi There - I have just started looking out for a 2019-2020 Macan S and have found this one, but not at an OPC, however the dealers say's that it is covered by Porsche extended Warranty until July 2024.

I really like the green colour (Mamba Green I think) but not sure if I will be brave enough for it :)

It looks well spec'd and only has 26K miles on it with full Porsche service history from Porsche Tewkesbury :)

https://www.cotswoldgroup.com/used-cars ... 6-s-s-5dr/

A small chance I now, but did anyone on here own it?

Any opinions most welcome please as I am new to Porsche

Thanks

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

If you like it you really don’t need to be brave 😶
Others may know better but not a simple case to transfer an extended warranty as the original owner needs to sign it over - I think 🤔

Better asking for a £1,500 discount and getting your own from Porsche or elsewhere.
Mamba is lovely by btw. 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

You could perhaps send that link to Porsche Tewkesbury and ask them if there's anything they can tell you about the car. It looks lovely though :)
Macan S MY 2023
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I've seen a few in the flesh and they look very smart. The one thing that get's me , about 80% of prestige car ads , is why, when they've taken the trouble to put 61 photos online and not one of them is of the drivers' seat squab. Does it look like an elephant's bum ??
Deleted User 5952

Skyway wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:45 pm You could perhaps send that link to Porsche Tewkesbury and ask them if there's anything they can tell you about the car. It looks lovely though :)
I have done that actually and they sent me the options spec and said that is was last serviced in March of this year, as a major service.

I am really quite keen and the price seems very good compared to others that I have seen, which seems odd!?

I must admit the more I look at the colour, the more I like it :)

Options spec list :-

macan-options.JPG

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Decent spec. Just buy it!

I believe the Porsche extended warranty is transferable privately but not via a dealer? Worth having though
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Nice looking S, and good spec, though Mamba is a bit too bold for my taste! 😏
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
andreas

Post by andreas »

The Porsche extended warranty is ionly transferable if the car is sold privately, or is sold to an OPC. If the Cotswold Motor Group has bought the car from its owner, the extended warranty probably lapses.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Deleted User 5952

andreas wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:52 pm The Porsche extended warranty is ionly transferable if the car is sold privately, or is sold to an OPC. If the Cotswold Motor Group has bought the car from its owner, the extended warranty probably lapses.
Ah, I did not know that - Cotswold said it is still under extended warranty, but they probably did not know that it lapses then !?
I guess I can pay to have the 111 point check completed at an OPC to renew the Porsche warranty next year, or is that not possible after it has left the Porsche dealer network?

It is quite a bold colour for me too but I do like it!! :)
Last edited by Deleted User 5952 on Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andreas

Post by andreas »

karenbt wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:10 pm

Ah, I did not know that - Cotswold said it is still under extended warranty, but they probably did not know that it lapses then !?
I guess I can pay to have the 11 point check completed at an OPC to renew the Porsche warranty next year, or is that not possible after it has left the Porsche dealer network?

It is quite a bold colour for me too but I do like it!! :)
If the extended warranty can't be transferred to you, you can buy a new warranty after paying for a 111-point check. I believe you have to have owned the car for at least 90 days before Porsche will sell you an extended warranty.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)