New tyre

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:53 am I was delighted to see the pics above PMG, so thank you.
I’ve looked on the Porsche site, and now there is another N type, and I’ve seen these for sale too - NE0. So it looks like there is no N2’s for the Macan, and after that it’s about figuring out if it’s a N0 or NE0. I wish the OPC could be more helpful. It would be easier to replace all four to Mitchelins, but I only need/want one tyre, so it’ll have to match up. Maybe there is a sticker in the sat that I’ve not had to notice before :)

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesa ... rts/tyres/

CodingFollowing the N, a second letter indicates the model line and a number the tyre version. Further details can be found in each tyre’s technical data.For example, the Porsche Macan tyre will be marked NE0, indicating:
N – approved by Porsche
E – fits the Porsche Macan
0 – the first specific configuration (of structure, compound, tread, etc.) with serial approval, higher numbers stand for later approved versions of the tyre with differing specifications.
Easy, that's the new markings that as I said above have just come in, we are in a transition stage. Porsche have got round to updating website. Cars still arriving from factory with old N markings so both will be around at present.
Last edited by pmg on Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Don’t get me started… there’s my long story.., and I just don’t have it in me to type it now. A more less stressed me will write that :)
Technically the story should not be long, the issue was simple :) :)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

You cannot put N0 on one axle and N2 on another, my car failed it’s 111 point check due to this. I ended up buying a pair of N0 from eBay as that’s the only place I could find them.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

I’ve come to conclusion it’s either a N0 or NE0. I’ve asked Reading to confirm….. no answer…. Yet!
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

San, just ask reading to replace the tyre with same as what was on it. 🤷‍♂️
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Jon A wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:57 pm San, just ask reading to replace the tyre with same as what was on it. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, this is not something you need to worry about if an OPC is going to do the work. Its their responsibility to fit the correct tyre and correct size for the appropriate wheel ;)
Macan S MY 2023
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

When I rang them to get a price, the guy was not working and now on annual leave. They were keen to get the car back to London - the experience felt as though they were disinterested. As mentioned they have it nearly four weeks and despite me reminding them of stuff, I only get the real update when they want to return the car back to me. They could easily have assessed sooner.

I’ve found the experience - let’s say - not what I expected to date. Will reserve further comment until after I pick up the car..

And before I use the wrong phrase, I’ll describe it as the memory function that comes with 18 way seats I.e. the seats move back when getting out etc.. That’s never worked either, I’m none the wiser as to whether that’s fixed.

I give up 😭🥺
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Btw thank you for all your help!! I’ve always appreciated it :)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

The Comfort entry software is what you’re talking about which got missed on alot of cars within a 6 month period. But that’s a simple software update which only takes about an hour while you wait 😉
Macan S MY 2023
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

The cameras work :) The seat moved back on exit. The cameras are a dream :) I parked three times, zero challenges :)

N0’s are the tyres - it was on the tyre itself. The guy showed me the damage and he said it will hold. So I will have a think - but prob will do change it anyway. It’ll be making a long journey soon

Thanks for all of your help too