Porsche Car connect

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

I have just been invited to renew my Porsche Car Connect as my car is approaching one year old. I see the price is £105pa. What will stop working if i do not renew? Is it just the app, which is next to useless or will other functionality cease as well. Will i lose apple car play from the phone? I thought the on-line services on the PCM were for three years, although there are so many different things going on i am confused which is which.

Any guidance on the matter would be appreciated.

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

CarPlay continues. Map updates, access to apps, eg fuel prices will go. Not clear about realtime traffic but moot if you use Waze/ Google Maps etc
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I would not expect Car Play to be a subscription service - it better not be!

As for £105pa for the current App there’s no chance I would pay that to see how much fuel is in my tank and whether my tyres need air ;)
Macan S MY 2023
pmg

Post by pmg »

HertsMacan wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:47 pm I have just been invited to renew my Porsche Car Connect as my car is approaching one year old. I see the price is £105pa. What will stop working if i do not renew? Is it just the app, which is next to useless or will other functionality cease as well. Will i lose apple car play from the phone? I thought the on-line services on the PCM were for three years, although there are so many different things going on i am confused which is which.

Any guidance on the matter would be appreciated.
There are two services

The one that last a year is Porsche Vodaphone Connect and is basically the app.

If you go into My Porsche, click on the vehicle and then on "view in Connect Store" then active contracts you will see how long remains on the "Navigation & Infotainment Package", when i bought my car that service was free for two years
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Agree with above, it's the tyre pressures, fuel and trip info etc. you lose. The ability to save favourite destinations and plan routes from your phone remains as part of the Navigation+ package free for two years and then £159pa and worth it to me, not Skyway though 😅
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

😂😂😂
Macan S MY 2023