GTS Anti-roll (sway) bars

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
1marc

Post by 1marc »

It’s a big ask, but I don’t suppose any GTS owners would be willing to crawl under their cars and measure the thickness of the front and rear anti-roll bars would they?

I’m trying to establish if there is a difference generation to generation, or air vs. steel sprung cars. Equally whether there is a difference across the model range: Macan, S, SD, Turbo, Turbo PP and GTS.

There is a lot of talk on various forums that the GTS is the best handling Macan out there. I’d like to understand what hardware and software changes make it handle better than the rest of the range.

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

1marc wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:59 pm It’s a big ask, but I don’t suppose any GTS owners would be willing to crawl under their cars and measure the thickness of the front and rear anti-roll bars would they?

I’m trying to establish if there is a difference generation to generation, or air vs. steel sprung cars. Equally whether there is a difference across the model range: Macan, S, SD, Turbo, Turbo PP and GTS.

There is a lot of talk on various forums that the GTS is the best handling Macan out there. I’d like to understand what hardware and software changes make it handle better than the rest of the range.
Probably shouldn’t get too hung up on this, the Macan is a two ton SUV, the differences are discernible but fairly subtle really. No GTS could out handle a good well sorted hot hatch but…
It will handle well FOR AN SUV.
I had a gen3 with air and my neighbour has a GTS - we swapped one Sunday morning for a bit of comparison and both agreed the GTS was a little tighter and firmer in normal modes but I would hardly call it a huge difference.
Conclusion for me is that GTS is a slightly sportier version but my wife’s Boxster would be in a different postcode after 5 minutes on a twisty road - horses for courses 🤷‍♂️
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Height-adjustable sports air suspension, including the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) adaptive damper control system, is fitted as standard equipment exclusive to the Macan GTS. The suspension and damping have been optimised for the optional GTS Sport package and the high-performance tyres that come with it. Performance tyres build up lateral forces more quickly, which, together with further improvements to the car's body control, have a positive effect on the driving experience. Thanks to stiffer springs – an extra 10 per cent on the front axle and 15 per cent on the rear – larger anti-roll bars and newly developed dampers, it has been possible to further reduce body pitch and roll as well as body movement on rebound. In combination with the 10 mm reduction in suspension height, this results in a clearly noticeable improvement in handling and performance.
https://media.porsche.com/mediakit/maca ... nd-dynamic
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94