Glove compartment - HOT

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
vic49er

Post by vic49er »

Good evening. After a brief but worth while discussion with the OPC technical department they informed me that Porsche have installed the "Display Operating Control Unit" for the Screen and Instrument Cluster somewhere above the glove compartment; a Gen 3 design (hopefully away from the air bag). The screen and instrument cluster consume a lot of power hence the oven like temperature of the glove compartment generated by this control unit. I was shown a Macan S that's been in the workshop for over 1 hour and that was also warm on the compartment inside metal plate. I noted that on the rare hot day on Tuesday the Macan was left outside and during late afternoon the metal plate temperature still measured 31deg C. One upside is that you can keep the takeaway warm all the way home!
Current Macan S Gen 3. Collected 7th July 2023 http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYKXJQ9
BMW Z3M Coupe (S50)
Previous: Macan 2L Gen 2

2japs

Post by 2japs »

vic49er wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:55 pm Good evening. After a brief but worth while discussion with the OPC technical department they informed me that Porsche have installed the "Display Operating Control Unit" for the Screen and Instrument Cluster somewhere above the glove compartment; a Gen 3 design (hopefully away from the air bag). The screen and instrument cluster consume a lot of power hence the oven like temperature of the glove compartment generated by this control unit. I was shown a Macan S that's been in the workshop for over 1 hour and that was also warm on the compartment inside metal plate. I noted that on the rare hot day on Tuesday the Macan was left outside and during late afternoon the metal plate temperature still measured 31deg C. One upside is that you can keep the takeaway warm all the way home!
Every cloud and all that 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)