Finally order placed (Macan S)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Did WBAC take into account the added options?
Macan S MY 2023

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Skyway wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:57 pm Did WBAC take into account the added options?
No. Website says they do but it didn't materialise, still came out better than Motorway for me and I was able to walk home after I dropped it off. :)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Woodhouse wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:02 pm If the forum route doesn’t work out, I found when selling my Tiguan last week that motorway wanted a low ball reserve so I ended up using car wow.
I didn’t think the reserve provided any kind of commitment to sell. You’re not forced to accept any bid are you?
Macan S MY 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Skyway wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:16 pm
Woodhouse wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:02 pm If the forum route doesn’t work out, I found when selling my Tiguan last week that motorway wanted a low ball reserve so I ended up using car wow.
I didn’t think the reserve provided any kind of commitment to sell. You’re not forced to accept any bid are you?
No, not with WBAC or Motorway.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Woodhouse

Post by Woodhouse »

Motorway told me the reserve was binding when we went through the sale in the phone. Was surprised as thought it was not the case, either the guy didn’t know what he was doing or I could be stuck with a low ball price, was enough to make me go elsewhere.
Macan S - MY23 - PRG1YBJ5 - (his)

F60 Mini Countryman Cooper S (hers)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

This is on their website:

https://help.motorway.co.uk/hc/en-gb/ar ... l-my-sale-

You are under no obligation to accept your highest offer at the end of Motorway’s daily online sale. We ask that you place your car for sale expecting to agree to a deal, but if you’re unhappy with the level of your offer or decide you would prefer to use a different service, you can choose not to proceed.

If you’ve accepted an offer, but had a change of circumstances, please call the Customer Support Team to cancel your sale. They can ensure your buyer is informed, and will remove your vehicle from the platform.

Please note that your buying dealer might ask to adjust the price at the point of collection, due to undisclosed damage to the vehicle or inaccuracies in the online vehicle profile. Any requested adjustments have to be provably in line with the cost of repair or replacements. If there is any dispute, you can call Motorway’s Customer Support Team who will be happy to ensure that any adjustment is fair.
Macan S MY 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

That final para, my son-in-law had that hassle but they gave in when he refused to accept the reduction. However, it led me point out so much more detail that the offers were lower. WBAC didn't notice all, some defects only an owner/washer sees!
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Skyway wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:57 pm Did WBAC take into account the added options?
They didn’t with my S3, still received a good price, it’s something I mentioned to the guy that checked mine over and he said it’s live auction price at time of your appointment and options not taken into account. Although he thinks WBAC are looking into it.

If you have a bit of time I would try CarWow. My S in L has just sold his M2 and CarWow was the highest by quite a bit.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
GTSPaul

Post by GTSPaul »

I sold my Macan S last week to Prestige Performance Yorkshire, they offered £2k more than OPC and £5k more than webuy, carwow and motorway.

The whole process was very easy, my car was collected at agreed date/time and cash was in my bank in a couple minutes.
June 23 - Gen 3 GTS Crayon - PRYYGL21
Dec 21 - Gen 3 S - Volcano - Sold