Used Macan discount

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

I have spotted a used Macan on a Porsche dealer's website.
Before I contact them and take it further, I am canvassing the Forum's opinion on dealer flexibility on pricing ie how much discount might I be able to negotiate?
I recognise there may be plenty of variables at play, but does anyone have any recent, or anecdotal, experience of how far dealers can be pushed in today's 'high interest', 'cost of living crisis' etc environment?

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Not very....................... (ever)
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

bennachie wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:33 pm Not very....................... (ever)
Agreed, however there's nothing to stop you asking. If you're not fussed about having that particular the car too much, try offering in writing 5% less than asking. Make the offer in the last week of a month or quarter. They may bite.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

stallturn wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:40 pm I have spotted a used Macan on a Porsche dealer's website.
Before I contact them and take it further, I am canvassing the Forum's opinion on dealer flexibility on pricing ie how much discount might I be able to negotiate?
I recognise there may be plenty of variables at play, but does anyone have any recent, or anecdotal, experience of how far dealers can be pushed in today's 'high interest', 'cost of living crisis' etc environment?
On new cars? Not a chance in hell.

Second hand GT cars? Not a chance in hell.

Second hand Macan's? You don't get if you don't ask. Some dealers will be chancing their arm with prices, or may have had stock for some time. Shy people get nothing.
GWL

Post by GWL »

2 months ago, I was saw a Gen 2 Turbo on sale at a local OPC for £67k. Lovely spec. I was very keen and put a holding deposit on it and test drove it the next day. I'd mentioned to the sales rep that my target was £65k.
For various reason I decided not to go ahead. When I told the sales rep I wasn't going to buy, he offered to "get nearer" my £65k limit. I didn't take him up on it.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

You can definitely get a bit off a used car, and they price in a bit of wriggle room.

If the car has been hanging around for a while, they’re more likely to knock off a bit.

As said, end of month or quarter & they’re more keen to hit/exceed sales targets.

I think 5% is a good shout, after you’ve had a test drive and shown you’re serious.

Obviously taking a bit of Porsche/VW finance will oil the wheels, even though APRs are on the high side.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

I think it will also depend on how keenly priced the car is compared to others in the approved used network.

A comparable car but cheaper car might provide some leverage. “It’s not my favourite colour/ is missing XXX/don’t like the wheels [amend as apprpriate] but it’s difficult to ignore a saving of £X,000” is a tactic I have used successfully previously albeit not with Porsche.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

GWL wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:15 pm 2 months ago, I was saw a Gen 2 Turbo on sale at a local OPC for £67k. Lovely spec. I was very keen and put a holding deposit on it and test drove it the next day. I'd mentioned to the sales rep that my target was £65k.
For various reason I decided not to go ahead. When I told the sales rep I wasn't going to buy, he offered to "get nearer" my £65k limit. I didn't take him up on it.
My gen 2 turbo was up for £67...it eventually dropped to £61k and then sold
Macan
Taycan Turbo
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

Thanks for all the replies.
Interestingly, the car in question is a Gen 2 Turbo and up for around £67k. The salesman is giving me the "not making them anymore", "most powerful Macan", "look at all the extras you get as standard" etc etc lines.
He tells me there may be a bit of price flexibility, but "couldn't go as low as £65k"
Given that used Gen 2 turbos all seem to be in the mid £60's to mid £70's range, I wonder how well they sell, given that I can spec up a new Macan S to my taste for not more than their asking price.......
Looks like I may be holding out for a while.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Just offer him £65k and tell him it’s on the table until you find an alternative.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0