battery warranty

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

Correct, a ctek or equivalent is an almost essential tool if leaving the car for extended periods especially on the back of short runs.

I also own a motor home and generally AGM batteries (which are in Macan’s) are disliked by motorhomers as they can be badly damaged by a single deep discharge. They need to be treated very well to get anywhere near the stated life out of them- use a ctek! Lithium batteries are much better and I believe Porsche already use them in the Turbo S, 992GT3 & RS. With these you get 95% of the battery capacity available above 12V, hence the battery can be much smaller and lighter for a given Ahr rating. Just a shame they cost a small fortune.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Ascotmacan wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:40 pm The battery in my 2 year old Macan does not seem to be holding its charge very well. During driving it is being charged well up to 14.7 volts but when parked at home the voltage drops to less than 12 volts in a few days. I believe Porsche did not use to warranty batteries longer than about 12 months but my warranty documents do not mention any timescales. Any experiences?
If the voltage shown when driving is 14.7V then the battery is not fully charged. In the fully charged state, the voltage while driving will be 12.8-13.2V. Be aware that charging will resume at varying intervals during a long journey.

If the battery is capable of starting the car after two to three weeks of storage then there is not much wrong with it. If my car is unused for more than four weeks, I tend to connect my CTEK charger to bring it back up. Don't forget the immobiliser/car alarm is active if the car is locked and this produces a small but steady drain. Over the years, Porsche have steadily reduced the installed battery capacity from a starting point of 105Ah. They obviously feel that a slightly smaller battery capacity has no effect on performance.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel