Off-road performance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

On-Track wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:24 am When I first used the "Off-road" setting, I was surprised to see that PASM moved to the stiffest setting. I had expected the opposite but I suppose it's to stop the suspension bottoming out over large surface changes.
As I get more used to going up and down the track, I’ve actually resorted to just raising the suspension up to max height rather than using off-road mode. That’s because in off-road mode it likes to default to first gear, and it’s not that rough or slow-going - second is more suitable about from one steep bit.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper

Deleted User 5763

Post by Deleted User 5763 »

Wolands Advocate wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:48 pm
Tidesurge2 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:53 am Is that the “normal” bonnet gap that we should expect? It looks like it gets wider as it gets to the door.
The bonnet gap is a curiosity. After a long run up here, the rear edge corner (where it meets the front door) had slightly but noticeably flared out on both sides. Next morning, it was back to being flush. Almost as if the under bonnet heat was warping the clamshell slightly over prolonged use.

That is odd but the expanding theory makes sense I suppose. I am assuming your pics are a hot bonnet?

The other car is my aunt’s Subaru Forester. Island folk go in for unpretentious and reliable workhorses!
Deleted User 5763

Post by Deleted User 5763 »

Tidesurge2 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:23 pm
Wolands Advocate wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:48 pm
Tidesurge2 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:53 am Is that the “normal” bonnet gap that we should expect? It looks like it gets wider as it gets to the door.
The bonnet gap is a curiosity. After a long run up here, the rear edge corner (where it meets the front door) had slightly but noticeably flared out on both sides. Next morning, it was back to being flush. Almost as if the under bonnet heat was warping the clamshell slightly over prolonged use.

That is odd but the expanding theory makes sense I suppose. I am assuming your pics are a hot bonnet?

The other car is my aunt’s Subaru Forester. Island folk go in for unpretentious and reliable workhorses!
Not sure what happened there, o I know what I have done now. Here is the post again.

That is odd but the expanding bonnet theory makes sense I suppose. I am assuming your pics are a hot bonnet?
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Yes both taken just after getting home.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper