Another S review

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Thought I would throw my views in re above .

As with Scooby I had originally ordered a T back in Feb with a delivery December. I took advantage of a S demo drive in March and decided I wanted to switch. The SE basically laughed and said it’s now a 18month wait for an S and your better off staying with the T. 🙁

I started looking at pre owned and found the perfect match up in Aberdeen, unfortunately my Sister in Law passed away and out of respect I decided to knock the idea on the head.
Anyway moving on I rekindled my interest at the back end of April and found pretty much what I was looking for at OPC Teeside. Enquired but it was sold, subject to a credit check, fortunately for me the sale fell through and I picked it up on 2nd May

GENTIAN BLUE
First choice colour, looks fab especially in the sunlight and clean.
PANO
Used quite a bit this sunny month
LEATHER with GENTIAN STITCHING
Gives a very nice ambiance to the interior and matching blue seat belts adds that extra bit of colour.
18 WAY SEATS
Originally ordered 14way and was slightly concerned about comments on here re getting in and out, however not as bad as I thought and I lower the seat as far as it will go to get in and out then use memory function before setting off.
AIR with 20” S WHEELS
Also specked on T but with 21”. I like the 20” easy to clean and suit Gentian, I have Air in low and is fine.
CHRONO
Never used it yet.
HEATED STEERING WHEEL
Std on T . I have the GT heated steering wheel and like the feel, deffo have heated, not sure I would pay the extra for GT
HEATED FRONT SCREEN
Will be nice in winter as car stands on drive.
EXTENDED HIGH GLOSS BLACK EXTERIOR PACK
Really like this , had ordered std extended exterior ok on T as sideblades in Agate. The black hi gloss blades also have the Macan S decal in red which matches the red calipers. Also goes well with the black window surrounds / privacy glass and tailpipes.
COMFORT ACCESS
Really didn’t want this and wouldn’t spec. However I’ve got used to it and is handy but wouldn’t pay £500 for it. I bought faraday pouchs for both keys they even have blue stitching!
RED DIALS
Nice but over £500! Money better spent elsewhere imo.
HEATED REAR SEATS
Grandkids will like in the winter

All in all I love this car and I know running costs are very high but I think it’s worth it.
MPG
Supermarket run 8mpg, extended run around 31ish
Steve
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Your journey to an "S" was very much like mine and more than happy the way things turned out. I don't have "Chrono" on mine so can't comment. I forgot about my rear heated seats and comfort access, my grandchildren will like them as well. I had comfort access on my last MB and really like it , my car's always parked in a locked garage so the theft possibility is minimised.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:05 pm Your journey to an "S" was very much like mine and more than happy the way things turned out. I don't have "Chrono" on mine so can't comment. I forgot about my rear heated seats and comfort access, my grandchildren will like them as well. I had comfort access on my last MB and really like it , my car's always parked in a locked garage so the theft possibility is minimised.
Yip, I looked at yours but the running boards put me off, purely if they were dirty and the missus got her designer gear soiled I would get my arse kicked! Worked out well for you with the kayak 👍

I forgot about BOSE, no idea if worth £900 more that standard set up🤷
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)